Court Security Officer | Bay of Plenty
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - CSO - Mar 2021.pdf (PDF, 294KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-Oct-2023|
Court Security Officer – Whakatane and Opotiki District Court
Permanent, Full Time
Te whiwhinga mahi/The Opportunity
As Court Security Officers we take pride serving our community ensuring a safe and secure environment so people can access Justice without fear of intimidation or violence.
Our roles have variety, diversity, challenges, and job satisfaction. We interact, assist and build relationships with diverse groups of people every day to provide a safe and secure Court environment. We offer first class accredited training and future opportunities to diversify, challenge and grow into Management or other Specialist roles within Justice.
Comradeship comes with the job and at times you will need to be trusted to support each other to deliver the excellent and professional services expected with our uniform. We work hard, enjoy a good laugh and have each other's backs. A place you can be yourself!
This will be an overview of your role:
- Engage and build relationships with a diverse range of people
- Security screening, operate and maintain CCTV and electronic access control systems
- Interacting with other agencies and stakeholders such as Police, Corrections, lawyers, Judicial officers to ensure safe court proceedings
- Patrol public areas, conduct building security checks, respond to duress alarms, identify, respond, and report security, health and safety threats and incidents
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
- Customer service, Security, Defence or Government experience is desired but not essential as full training will be provided
- Confident with technology
- Experience of de-escalating conflict
- Physically able to engage in full contact Officer safety training
- Hold full, clean New Zealand drivers' licence and clean criminal record
- Knowledge of Te Ao Maori, Te Reo and Tikanga is desired but not essential.
Ko wai mātou/Who we are
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Joining Te Tāhū o te Ture means you will become part of an organisation that welcomes and supports people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disabilities and religions.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu/Why you will enjoy working here
- Create, develop, and manage a diverse group of people
- A challenging and diverse working environment
- Health, safety and security training and qualification fully funded
- Leadership opportunities and courses to grow and develop
- Full induction and training programme paid for
The remuneration band for this role is $56,729 - $78,441 – Appointing salary will be based on skills and experience.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on the 1 October 23; however, we will be reviewing CVs as they come in and inviting successful candidates to interview before the close date.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn