Business Data Analyst | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Business Data Analyst AUG 2023.pdf (PDF, 262KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Sep-2023|
Business Data Analyst
Two Permanent, Full-Time Positions, Wellington
Te whiwhinga mahi/The Opportunity
- Are you an individual who thrives on working in a dynamic environment?
- Does working collaboratively and leading portfolio management on a broad range of issues and topics excite you?
- Are you passionate about using data and processes to improve performance?
We are seeking two Business Data Analysts to play a key role in the Property Performance Improvement & Quality (PIQ) team.
The PIQ team has been established to support the Property leadership team and business groups to successfully plan, manage, deliver, and make decisions on a large portfolio of work, including projects and programmes that are delivering significant infrastructure, and business change.
As a Business Data Analyst, you will be an expert in either asset management or projects, programmes and portfolios (P3), providing analysis, assurance and advice; leveraging data and information to recommend the best ways to improve the performance of the Property team. This may include designing and delivering new business processes, user documentation, training of employees, developing new systems or data sets, as well as business as usual reporting and analysis activities.
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience in project, programme or portfolio coordination, or asset management for a large government property portfolio.
- Experience in providing written reports and presentations to a high standard.
- Experience managing and analysing data.
- Experience mapping and developing processes, procedures and workflows.
- Experience in introducing new systems, tools, or processes.
- Experience managing multiple improvement activities across multiple projects to deadline.
- Experience developing training collateral and providing training to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Communicating with a wide range of audiences on complex issues.
- An understanding of public sector systems and processes.
- Sound understanding of the machinery of government.
Ko wai mātou/Who we are
At Tāhū o te Ture – Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
The Property team is responsible for providing strategic leadership in the development and delivery of property strategy, managing our assets and facilities, commercial leasing, the practical delivery of property projects, and of our support services at National Office and in the Christchurch Justice and Emergency Services Precinct. We are modernising our services while making sure we look after our historic buildings and ensuring that all the property we have is fit for purpose for our people and for our customers.
Joining Te Tāhū o te Ture means you will become part of an organisation that welcomes and supports people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disabilities and religions.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu/Why you will enjoy working here
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fun and supportive team who like to celebrate wins and recognitions.
- Contributions to prescriptions for glasses
- Online professional development portal
- Access to a variety of inclusive and proactive networks, including Pacifica, Māori, Rainbow and Women's.
- Free and confidential counselling sessions
The appointing salary for this role will be between $81,128 and $112,887 based on skills and experience.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on the 24th of September; however, we will be reviewing CVs as they come in and inviting successful candidates to interview before the close date.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn