Court Security Officer- Manukau | Auckland Region
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Court Security Officer.pdf (PDF, 174KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Sep-2023|
Court Security Officer, Manukau District Court
3 x Permanent, Full Time Positions
Te whiwhinga mahi/The Opportunity
As Court Security Officers we take pride in serving our community by providing a safe and secure environment for people to gain access to the justice system.
We interact, assist, and build relationships with diverse groups of people every day, ensuring our courts operate without fear of intimidation or violence. Our Court Security Officers are a valued and an important part of the Court Justice system. We will ensure you have the training needed to operate as a Court Security Officer under the Court Security Act 1999 at induction training.
We encourage and strive for a positive team culture where Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence form part of our daily values in how we treat each other and our participants. You will form part of a professional supportive team where diversity and individuality are respected.
Overview of role:
- Welcome and engage with a diverse range of people who enter our courts
- Assess potential health, safety, and security risks, mitigate, and respond to incidents as they occur
- Interact with other agencies (i.e., Police, Corrections) to ensure smooth court operations
- Patrol public areas and carry out building security checks, responding to duress alarm activations and identify and respond appropriately to security incidents
This is a 40 hour a week role with some paid overtime available when extra cover is required. You may also be required to work a minimum 4-hour shift on Saturdays.
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
- Excellent level of customer service skills for challenging people politely but firmly
- Ability to work well with others
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Knowledge of public safety and security
- Confident in using technology
- Positive mindset and a can-do attitude
- To be thorough and pay attention to details
- Written and verbal communication
- Hold full, clean New Zealand drivers' licence and clean criminal record
- Understanding to the principles of te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Bring an understanding of Te Ao Maori, Te Reo Maori me ona tikanga
- Having an understanding and appreciation of cultural issues and concerns in particular tikanga Maori
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy, safe, supported, and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
Working in the Manukau District Court would be your home base, however when operational needs necessitate, there is the requirement to also deploy to other local Courts. Travel costs are met by the Ministry.
Joining Te Tāhū o te Ture means you will become part of an organisation that welcomes and supports people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disabilities and religions.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu/Why you will enjoy working here
- Leadership opportunities with courses to grow and develop
- Health, safety and security training and qualifications
- Opportunities to relocate Nationwide as vacancies arise
- Be part of a respected team and the busiest court in New Zealand Justice System
- You will be able to make a difference in the community
The remuneration band for this role is $56,729 to $78,441. Appointing salary will be based on skills and experience.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Only applicants with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this position.
Applications close on 26th July 2023, however we will be reviewing CV's as they come in and inviting successful candidates to interview before the close date.