Principal Advisor Business Services | Christchurch
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 2023.05.19 Principal Advisor CJESP - Business Services.pdf (PDF, 195KB)
|Application Close Date:||31-May-2023|
Principal Advisor, Christchurch Justice & Emergency Services Precinct
- Be instrumental in driving innovative and creative solutions in a highly complex environment.
- Become the subject matter expert in all aspects of the fabric of the building, creating a blueprint for all ongoing developments and initiatives.
- Lead relationships across the Precinct ensuring value is being added for our stakeholders via service delivery and engagement excellence.
Te Tāhū o te Ture - Ministry of Justice provides a range of justice services around New Zealand. We have more than 3000 people working across 100+ locations around the country, all working towards our vision of a safe and just New Zealand.
We are currently seeking a Principal Advisor to work with the Precinct Manager to support the management, planning and delivery of projects, improvement initiatives and business-as-usual process and procedure fixes that support our partner agencies (NZ Police, Corrections, Fire & Emergency NZ, Hone Hato St Johns, CCC, CDEM, NEMA) within the Justice & Emergency Services Precinct.
Te whiwhinga mahi/The Opportunity
This is a unique role in a unique New Zealand building. As Principal Advisor, you will work collaboratively within the Commercial and Property team to provide specialist advice to all Precinct partners in a fast-paced and complex environment. You will use your skills and experience, preferably in a government co-location environment, to provide property leadership and direction to the Precinct Management Team and to Precinct agencies, in order to provide effective, customer-centric solutions.
We are looking for a Principal Advisor who supports a culture that focuses on the customer, continuous improvement and standardisation, accountability, and stakeholder engagement. A key focus of the role is to support our partner agencies and internal departments with their property and Precinct-related requirements, therefore an ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with senior stakeholder is essential.
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have the following experience, skills, and attributes:
- Experience in multi-agency environment, providing advice in a complex customer-centred organisation.
- Knowledge and understanding of facilities and asset management, including contractor management, Health & Safety site safe policies and principles, and maintenance lifecycle programmes.
- Understanding of public sector systems and processes, including the use of performance information to inform decision-making.
- Providing oversight of relevant legislation and business requirements relating to property management, building standards, and business support.
- Experience in outcomes-based business management solutions that delivers tangible results. A driver in organisational collaboration towards common goals.
- Providing written reports and presentations to a high standard, analysing complex information, and thinking conceptually.
- Proven ability to identify problematic scenarios and respond in a timely and with a solution-focused manner to ensure business continuity.
- Working with senior management and communicating with a wide range of audiences on complex issues including ministerial and OIA response management.
- Extensive experience in relationship management at a senior level, process and procedural development including process mapping and policy design/delivery.
- Experience in working with other agencies, service providers, and key stakeholders, and managing relationships across sector groups at a senior level.
- Senior Advisor or Principal Advisor experience incorporating business management and operational experience in a medium or large organisations.
- Experience working in a high-paced environment where you are required to influence and respond to changing needs and priorities incorporating change management, contributing, and leading multiple agencies or work streams.
- Sound understanding of All of Government contract management principles and offering.
- Coordinate and integrate activities within and across multiple sites or agencies.
Salary Range: The remuneration band for this role is $120,397 to $169,973 – effective 1 June 2023 the remuneration band for this role will be $124,397 to $173,973 – the appointing salary will be based on skills and experience.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on 31 May 2023, however we will be reviewing CV's as they come in and inviting successful candidates to interview before the close date.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org