Team Leader FMIS | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Team Leader FMIS.pdf (PDF, 200KB)
|Application Close Date:||02-Jun-2023|
Team Leader FMIS - Fixed Term Full Time
Te whiwhinga mahi/The Opportunity
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to join the Ministry as the fixed-term (until 31 March 2024) Team Leader for the Financial Management Information System (FMIS).
You will be responsible for leading and managing a team of system accountants and system administrators for development and maintenance of the FMIS system. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams including Finance, business operations, and the Finance Systems Modernisation Project to ensure alignment between system functionalities and business goals. You will also be required to mentor and coach the team to develop talent and build the capability to deliver outcomes. This is an exciting time to join the team as several significant projects are planned or underway.
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong leaderships skills and experience managing a FMIS team or related roles in a demanding environment, with the ability to motivate and guide team members to achieve targets
- Strong knowledge of financial management processes, understanding the financial impacts and the implications for the business unit
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail
- Well-developed organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise and delegate work effectively to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, capable of effectively collaborating with stakeholders at all levels across and within organisations
- Confidence to apply your skills and knowledge across business-as-usual activities and contribute to the Finance System Modernisation Project deliverables
- Proficiency in FMIS software and tools, ideally TechnologyOne global ERP or equivalent
- A commitment to building Māori capability - both personally and within your team
Ko wai mātou/Who we are
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
It is an exciting time to join us. We are leading the transformation of our criminal justice system, helping to tackle New Zealand's high levels of family violence and sexual violence, and improving New Zealanders' access to justice.
The FMIS function is one of four teams within the Financial Accounting & Control Team, which also includes Transactional Services, Financial Accounting, and Collections.
Joining Te Tāhū o te Ture means you will become part of an organisation that welcomes and supports people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disabilities and religions.
Salary Range: The remuneration band for this role is $120,397 to $169,973, effective 1 June 2023 the remuneration band for this role will be $124,397 to $173,973 – the appointing salary will be based on skills and experience.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on 02 June 2023, however we will be reviewing CV's as they come in and inviting successful candidates to interview before the close date.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com