Team Manager, Bailiffs | Hamilton
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD TM Bailiffs - 2023.pdf (PDF, 181KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Sep-2023|
Team Manager - Bailiff
Permanent Full Time
Hamilton or Tauranga Based
Te whiwhinga mahi/The Opportunity
As a member of the Bailiff Management Team, reporting to the national Manager, Bailiffs, you will play a critical role in embedding the Bailiff function within the new Collections structure and contributing to effective and efficient, end-to-end service delivery across the Collections functions. Collections Services has an ongoing program of business improvements and the Team Managers will need to be adaptable and lead teams in an ever-changing operational environment.
- High level of face-to-face contact
- Someone with leadership skills that has a strong focus on health and safety
- Ensure standards are maintained at all times
- Responsible for resolving and enforcing outstanding fines
- Reparation and civil debt and Serving court documents
Ko wai mātou/Who we are
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Collections Services is part of the Ministry of Justice's National Service Delivery Group and is responsible for the Ministry's debt portfolio. The Ministry recently adopted a new Collections Strategy - Better Debt Resolution - and established a new structure to give effect to this strategy.
The Bailiff function is a national operation with a team of 40+ Bailiffs, who work from multiple sites across the country. This specific role is within the Central North Island team, covering Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Taranaki and Gisborne. The team is 8 strong across the region.
Leading by example, you will role model the Ministry's values and your leadership style will support collaboration within the Bailiff function and across teams within National Service Delivery. Given the nature of the regional structure and location of your Bailiffs, you will need to be experienced managing remote teams and have an ability to connect people in different locations to build a strong and supportive team culture. While also connecting strongly with your Team Manager colleagues to promote consistency in our national operations.
Joining Te Tāhū o te Ture means you will become part of an organisation that welcomes and supports people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disabilities and religions.
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
To be successful for this role you will have the following:
- Experience leading operational teams in a customer-facing, service delivery operation. Experience in enforcement or regulatory environments preferred
- Able to demonstrate previous success as a people leader with the ability to drive performance and achieve great outcomes
- Strong people leadership skills, including experience in coaching and developing employees and managing geographically dispersed teams
- Experience in managing functions with physical health and safety requirements
- Proven record in building and managing strong stakeholder relationships including working with other agencies, service providers and key stakeholders
- Experience working in a changing environment where you are required to lead, influence and respond to changing needs and priorities
- Working knowledge of government policy and the legislative process, and preferably sound understanding of the constitutional principles and legal processes that underpin the NZ justice system
There will also be regular travel required, particularly within your assigned region.
Salary Range: The appointing salary for this role will be between $81,128 and $112,887 based on skills and experience.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on 24 September 2023, however we will be reviewing CV's as they come in and inviting successful candidates to interview before the close date.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com