Court Security Manager | Canterbury
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| CSM PD Final - MOJ 16.3.23.pdf (PDF, 186KB)
|Application Close Date:||02-Apr-2023|
Court Security Manager – National Security Operations
Timaru District Court – Permanent, Full Time
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
As a Ministry of Justice Court Security Manager, you will take pride in managing and leading the Court Security team at Timaru District Court, working with your direct reports (currently 7), and key stakeholders to provide and maintain a safe and secure environment for people to gain access to the justice system. You will form part of the Southern Region Court Security Management Team, working closely in consultation with other Court Security Managers. The Court Security team based in Timaru is also responsible for security resource deployments to Oamaru and Ashburton Courts when required by the National Scheduling team.
This role has variety, including interacting, assisting and building relationships with diverse groups of people every day.
You will benefit from quality training and enjoy strong team camaraderie, supporting you in the delivery of an excellent service. This will be an overview of your role:
- Develop, coach and mentor your team members to their full potential
- Operational management of teams in a complex and demanding security environment
- Understand operational risks and make sound decisions quickly, decisively, and confidently
- Engage and build relationships with a diverse range of people
- Collaborate with agencies including NZ Police, Department of Corrections, Te Oranga Tamariki and other Key Stakeholders.
- Ensure safe and professional Court operations, producing site safety and security plans as appropriate.
- External applicants will be required to attend a three-week residential training course in Wellington within three months of your start date
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
- Clearly demonstrated Management and Leadership capabilities
- Planning and prioritisation
- Customer Service Oriented
- Capable of de-escalating Conflict while being comfortable in the environment
- Physically able to engage in full contact Officer Safety techniques
- Confident in using technology
- Hold full, clean New Zealand Drivers Licence
- Create, develop and manage a diverse group of people
- A challenging and diverse working environment
- Health, safety and security training and qualification
- Leadership opportunities and courses to grow and develop
- Great work life balance working regular hours
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported, and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
The Timaru Court Security Team are a dynamic and professional group who deliver a premium Health, Safety and Security service to all stakeholders and users of their court.
Tono mai/How to Apply
Please use the "Apply" button to complete your application online.
For tracking purposes, all applicants must complete the online application form and submit via the online process.
Salary range for this role is $66,518 to $93,908 per annum. Starting salary will be dependent on the successful candidates' skills and experience.
Applications close Friday 2 April 2023.
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org