Team Manager, Legal Aid Grants | Wellington Region
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| LS-152 Team Manager Legal Aid (1).pdf (PDF, 210KB)
|Application Close Date:||02-Apr-2023|
Team Manager – Legal Aid Grants
Permanent Full Time Position
Te whiwhinga mahi/The Opportunity
It's an exciting time to join the Legal Aid team as we focus on simplifying and modernising our service. Making it easier for our customers to access and understand us is at the centre of our strategy. We're looking for a motivated people leader that is focused on exceeding customer expectations by coaching, motivating and supporting our people to provide great service to the public every day.
- Lead and manage a team of 14 frontline people
- Coaching team members to perform at their best and provide great customer service
- Work alongside eight other Team Managers focusing on delivering a nationally consistent service
- Supporting a program of modernisation to enhance customer service
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
To be successful in the role:
- Significant people leader experience, preferably in an operational, service delivery environment
- Ability to lead and motivate teams, ensuring team members have the appropriate skills and confidence to make quality decisions
- Have an understanding and appreciation of cultural issues and concerns in particular Tikanga Maori
- Passion for delivering outstanding customer service with a strong focus on continuous improvement
- Experience managing conflicting priorities and the flow of work in a time critical environment
- Able to build and maintain a range of internal and external business relationships and networks
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we have outlined and believe you can bring value to the role, we'd love to hear from you!
Ko wai mātou/Who we are
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
You will join a collaborative and diverse team of nine managers across Auckland and Wellington. As a team we put a lot of effort and time into coaching our staff, continuous improvement and consistency across both our sites. As a group we have been through a long journey of change and are all aligned with our desire to continue to work together going forward.
Joining Te Tāhū o te Ture means you will become part of an organisation that welcomes and supports people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disabilities and religions.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu/Why you will enjoy working here
- Contributions to prescriptions for glasses
- Online professional development portal
- Access to a variety of inclusive and proactive networks, including Pacifica, Māori, Rainbow and Women's.
- Free and confidential counselling sessions
Salary Range: The remuneration band for this role is $77,128 to $108,887 – the appointing salary will be based on skills and experience, however we are likely to appoint between $77,128 and $95,276.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on Sunday 2nd April 2023 however we will be reviewing CV's as they come in and inviting successful candidates to interviews on Tuesday 11th April and Thursday 13th April.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org