Manager Ministerial Relations & Services | Wellington Region
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Manager Ministerial Relations and Services PD Mar 2023 Final.pdf (PDF, 235KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Mar-2023|
Manager, Ministerial Relations and Services
Te whiwhinga mahi/The Opportunity
We are looking for an engaging and energetic Manager to lead our Ministerial Relations and Services team.
The Manager, Ministerial Relations and Services leads a team to deliver official correspondence responses within required timeframes and to a high-quality standard. You will have oversight of requests and provide regular information on the nature of issues being addressed by the team. In this position you will have the opportunity to improve official correspondence practices across the Ministry of Justice.
- Provide oversight of correspondence being responded to across the team and Ministry
- Identify and manage risk
- Develop and manage relationships at all levels across the Ministry, as well as those outside the organisation
- Be a positive role model for the team and for our customers across the Ministry
- Coach and mentor the team to build capability and drive ongoing improvements.
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
We want someone an aptitude for political nuance, who can identify issues before they arise, and is passionate about continuous improvement.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in an official correspondence (or equivalent) unit, or related field
- Strong critical thinking skills and experience dealing with complex and high-profile work
- Demonstrated leadership in coaching and building and maintaining a high performing team
- Expert relationship management skills and the ability to partner effectively with leaders, establishing credibility and trust
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Energy to thrive in a fast paced and time bound environment
- A collaborative working style.
Ko wai mātou/Who we are
At Te Tāhū o te Ture, we are committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
As part of the Strategy, Governance and Finance group, the Governance and Assurance team helps maintain public trust and confidence in the Ministry. Our Ministerial Relations and Services team does this through enabling public access to official information. The Ministerial Relations and Services team oversees and drafts responses to official correspondence, including Official Information Act and Privacy Act requests, Ministerial correspondence, and written Parliamentary Questions.
Our team primarily works from the Justice Centre in Thorndon, Wellington. Our team role models flexible working and working from home arrangements.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
Salary Range: The appointing salary for this role will be between $139,662 and $197,170 based on skills and experience.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on 29 March 2023, however we will be reviewing CV's as they come in and inviting successful candidates to interview before the close date.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org