Executive Assistant to Principal Youth Court Judge Malosi | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - EA to PYCJ.pdf (PDF, 177KB)
|Application Close Date:||02-Apr-2023|
Executive Assistant role to the Principal Youth Court Judge Malosi
Permanent- Full Time
We invite applications for the position of Executive Assistant to Her Honour Judge Ida Malosi the Principal Youth Court Judge. This is an incredible opportunity to join our awesome collaborative team and provide direct support to a senior member of the judiciary and a Head of Bench. This is a full-time permanent position based in Wellington.
Te whiwhinga mahi/The Opportunity
We are looking for an Executive Assistant who is confident with a warm personality, and who is proactive and remains calm under pressure. You will be an excellent communicator and have strong interpersonal skills, be IT savvy and able to work efficiently and manage competing priorities. The role is not a typical 9:00am-5:00pm job and some afterhours and weekend work may be required. Nimbleness is a must; Discretion and good judgement is also a must; some travel may be required and a can-do positive attitude!
You will be responsible for:
- Full diary management and ensuring that priorities and changes are managed effectively
- All travel and accommodation arrangements for the Principal Youth Court Judge
- Managing and drafting correspondence on behalf of the Principal Youth Court Judge
- Working as part of a team to support the overall needs of the District Court judicial leadership team and its office – Te Whare.
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Three or more years' experience in a similar role providing high-quality executive support to a senior manager or executive
- The ability to communicate clearly and professionally at all times
- Able to handle sensitive information discretely
- An attention to detail and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent Microsoft Office suite skills
- Adept at handling confidential information appropriately and with absolute care.
Ko wai mātou/Who we are
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
The District Court is the largest court in Australasia. Most New Zealanders who go to court will go through the entire justice process in the District Court. Each year, more than 200 Judges, Acting Warranted Judges, Community Magistrates and Judicial Justices' of the Peace in 58 courthouses deal with approximately 200,000 criminal, family, youth and civil matters.
The Youth Court Te Kōti Taiohi o Aotearoa is a division of the District Court and it deals with criminal offending by children and young people that is too serious to be dealt with by the police in the community. It is governed by the Oranga Tamariki Act 1989. For more information please visit us on www.districtcourt.govt.nz.
The Principal Youth Court Judge alongside the Chief District Court Judge and Principal Family Court Judge and their support staff team are based in central Wellington.
Joining Te Tāhū o te Ture means you will become part of an organisation that welcomes and supports people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disabilities and religions.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu/Why you will enjoy working here
- A challenging and interesting environment
- A collaborative, and supportive team culture where you will interact with a range of people, both within the Justice Sector and with external stakeholders, including members of the Judiciary and senior managers
- A strong focus on your professional development.
The appointing salary for this role will be between $59,066 and $83,387 based on skills and experience.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on 2 April 2023, however we will be reviewing CV's as they come in and inviting successful candidates to interview before the close date.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.