Principal Advisor | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Principal Advisor PD.pdf (PDF, 195KB)
|Application Close Date:||08-Feb-2023|
Principal Advisor, Family Violence Sexual Violence Operational Improvements – Full-time, Permanent position
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the role
We're looking for a Principal Advisor to join the Family Violence Sexual Violence (FVSV) Operational Improvements team in the Commissioning and Service Improvement Unit (CSI). In CSI, we support the delivery of positive change in the justice system for a safe and fair Aotearoa.
The Principal Advisor role will help shape the courts' response to family violence and sexual violence. You will:
- contribute to the leadership of significant workstreams on improvements to family violence and sexual violence proceedings in the District Court, workforce capability, and monitoring and evaluation
- bring your programme management skills, strategic nous and relationship skills to a high-functioning team working on one of the Government's and Judiciary's top priority areas.
The breadth and impact of our work will give you variety, challenge, and a sense of making a difference to the lives of New Zealanders.
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
We will consider applicants from a range of backgrounds but the attributes that will set you apart from the rest include:
- project and/or programme management experience
- strong machinery of government experience, including budget bids
- strong knowledge of the justice sector and, preferably, an understanding of how participants' experience in the justice sector intersects with the social and health sectors
- an analytical approach, with experience working with others to solve problems
- demonstrated ability to work with complex material, stakeholder relationships, and ambiguity
- experience mentoring and supporting others in the team, and developing a team's collective skills and experience
- commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and improving outcomes for Māori, Pacific and other populations who experience family violence and sexual violence disproportionately
- preferably, some understanding of family violence and sexual violence dynamics.
Mō te tīma/About the team
The FVSV Operational Improvements team are designing, alongside relevant stakeholders, improvements to family violence and sexual violence proceedings in the criminal and family jurisdictions, to be implemented in all District Courts. We are also developing and delivering training to ensure workforce capability to provide safe responses to people affected by family violence and sexual violence. We work across the Ministry and with the judiciary. We also work closely agencies of Te Puna Aonui – the Joint Venture on Family Violence and Sexual Violence.
We are part of the Commissioning and Service Improvement group (CSI). Joining CSI means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter. For tracking purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process.
The appointing salary for this role will be between $116,741 and $152,450 based on skills and experience.
Applications close on 8 February 2023.
If you have any questions regarding the Recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Bridget Macfarlane, Acting Team Manager at Bridget.Macfarlane@justice.govt.nz