Senior Information Security Specialist - Security Engineering | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Information Security Specialist 5.12.22.pdf (PDF, 277KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Feb-2023|
Senior Information Security Specialist – Security Engineering
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
The Ministry of Justice is growing its ICT Security team and has an opportunity for a passionate security team player and self-starter to be part of this exciting journey. The ICT Security team is critical to maintaining the Ministry's ICT security strategy, standards and processes. We are responsible for the security of the Ministry's data and information systems and services. We ensure these are deployed, innovated, maintained and operated in line with industry best practice standards to meet the security requirements of the Ministry. We provide security operations, product and architecture expertise and support to our workstream and business stakeholders.
The Senior Information Security Specialist, Security Engineering is an experienced ‘hands on' professional who will be responsible for a range of security engineering tasks including the establishment and maintenance of the configuration of our security tools and services. These responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the Ministry's security policies and standards to keep the Ministry's data and information secure. This role will offer you the opportunity to work collaboratively with a variety of technical and business stakeholders to innovate the Ministry's security capabilities.
Ngā kawenga matua/Key Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain the configuration of the Ministry's security tools and services
- Configure alerts in the Ministry's SIEM and monitoring tools to detect vulnerabilities, threats and incidents
- Develop, maintain and review configuration documentation
- Advise and guide L2 responders when trouble shooting and responding to security incidents
- Escalate matters to Security Operations Lead or ITSM when responding to security incidents, as appropriate
- Collaborate with security architects to deploy ‘secure by design' security tools and services
- Collaborate with vendors to prevent or resolve security issues
- Collaborate with the security risk and assurance teams to manage security risks
- Provide specialist and best practice security advice and guidance to Ministry users
He pūkenga tōu/Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years' experience working as an IT, Network, Cloud or Security Engineer or similar role
- Hands on experience with F5 APM, Fortinet Firewalls, Azure Networking (VPN gateways, Route servers, Network security groups, Express route)
- Proficiency in Azure Sentinel, Microsoft Defender, Microsoft Intune, Qualys, SolarWinds
- A strong understanding of TCP/IP and associated routing protocols (BGP, OSPF etc)
- A strong understanding of Windows server and desktop operating systems and Linux
- Hands on trouble shooting experience in networking services such as routers, firewall, DNS, DHCP and VPN
- Ability to troubleshoot security incidents to resolution as a L3 responder
- Ability to conduct scanning and penetration testing to identify security risks and vulnerabilities in the Ministry's software and systems
- Ability to write and communicate well and build effective working relationships with a wide range of business and technical stakeholders
- Experience working in an enterprise IT organisation
- A team player and self-starter with a strong desire to learn
- Knowledge of security standards such as NZISM, PSR, PCI-DSS or ISO27001
He whai painga mōu/Benefits
- Opportunities for professional development and ongoing coaching
- Work in a close knit team of Security Architects and experienced security professionals
- Te reo and tikanga Māori development opportunities
- The chance to be part of a growing team and the job variety that brings
- Competitive Salary
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Joining Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's important to us that our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on Monday, 20 February 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.