Senior Report-Writer/Analyst | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD - Senior Report Writer-Analyst.pdf (PDF, 244KB)
|Application Close Date:||03-Jul-2022|
The Waitangi Tribunal is a standing commission of inquiry. It investigates and makes recommendations on claims brought by Māori relating to legislation, policies, actions, or omissions of the Crown alleged to breach the promises made in the Treaty of Waitangi.
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
We are looking for a hardworking, talented and motivated person to join us as a Senior Report-Writer/Analyst in the Report Writing team within the Waitangi Tribunal Unit. This senior position offers you the chance to take a significant role in the Unit's stimulating, wide-ranging and multi-disciplinary report-writing support projects. We are looking for an experienced person who already has impressive writing and analysis skills, and a proven ability to accurately scope projects and meet deadlines. You will further enhance your reputation for high-quality analysis and advice and help lead and mentor our talented team members.
You will be able to:
- Provide high quality writing, analysis, and advice to the Waitangi Tribunal
- Plan and lead large report writing projects involving multiple writers
- Provide mentoring and coaching to Report Writing team members
- Participate in the development of professional training within the Report Writing team and at a senior technical level across the Waitangi Tribunal Unit
- Liaise with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds and professional levels, including the judiciary, appointed Tribunal members, and Unit staff.
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
To be successful in the role you will be:
- Qualified preferably to master's degree level, in disciplines relevant to the work of the Waitangi Tribunal such as history, law, public policy, Māori studies and social science; or have equivalent research-based professional experience
- Methodical and objective in your approach, have a strong track record of professional achievement, and a proven ability to lead large writing projects involving multiple stakeholders
- An effective communicator with a strong focus on customer service, able to inspire and build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledgeable about and committed to the work of the Waitangi Tribunal
- Knowledgeable in te reo and tikanga Māori and be committed to further developing skills in this area
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa. Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV, cover letter and a writing sample that demonstrates your professional writing skills, no more than 20 pages in length.
Salary Range: The remuneration band for this role is $84,366 – $110,172 – the appointing salary will be based on skills and experience
Applications close on: Sunday 3 July 2022
Our Ministry's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its employees. We have a comprehensive range of health and safety protocols already in place across all our worksites to help keep our people safe from the effects of COVID-19. We strongly encourage and support all our people to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. Our current policy position is that vaccination is not a prerequisite for employment. However, while employed by Te Tāhū you will be bound by all policies, procedures and rules which are in effect at the time. This includes any future changes to our vaccination requirements.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com