Court Security Officer | Hawkes Bay
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - NSO CSO - Mar 2021.pdf (PDF, 287KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-May-2022|
Court Security Officer – Hawkes Bay
(Napier) District & High Court – Permanent, Full Time
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
As Court Security Officers we take pride serving our community ensuring a safe and secure environment so people can access Justice without fear of intimidation or violence.
Our roles have variety, diversity, challenges and job satisfaction. We interact, assist and build relationships with diverse groups of people every day to provide a safe and secure Court environment.
We offer first class accredited training and future opportunities to diversify, challenge and grow into Management or other Specialist roles within Justice.
Comradeship comes with the job and at times you will need to be trusted to support each other to deliver the excellent and professional services expected with our uniform.
We work hard, enjoy a good laugh and have each other's backs. A place you can be yourself!
This will be an overview of your role:
- Engage and build relationships with a diverse range of people
- Security screening, operate and maintain CCTV and electronic access control systems
- Interacting with other agencies and stakeholders such as Police, Corrections, lawyers, Judicial officers to ensure safe court proceedings
- Patrol public areas, carry out building security checks, respond to duress alarm activations, identify, mitigate, respond and report security, health and safety threats and incidents
- Follow standard operating procedures for Covid-19 Response
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
- Customer service, Security, Defence or Government experience is desired but not essential as full training will be provided
- Confident with technology
- Experience of de-escalating conflict
- Physically able to engage in full contact Officer safety training
- Hold full, clean New Zealand drivers' licence and clean criminal record
- Develop relationships and manage a diverse group of people
- A challenging and diverse working environment
- Fully funded Health, safety and security training and qualification
- Leadership opportunities and courses to grow and develop
- Full induction and training programme paid for
This is a 40 hour, Monday to Friday role with paid overtime available when extra cover is required. Rostered hours may include a minimum 3-hour shift on Saturdays.
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Our Security teams are dynamic and professional, they deliver a premium Health, Safety and Security services to our stakeholders and users of their courts.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Salary Range: The appointing salary for this role will be between $50,128 and $ 70,768 based on skills and experience.
Applications close on: Sunday, 22 May 2022
The Ministry's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its employees. We already have existing protocols in place to provide a safe workplace. We're now strengthening those protocols with a COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring that all roles across Te Tāhū o te Ture are carried out by people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All candidates are required to declare their COVID-19 vaccination status as part of the application process.
For further information, contact NSOadmin@justice.govt.nz and quote reference number: MOJ/1627948