Court Security Officer | Canterbury
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - NSO CSO - Mar 2021.pdf (PDF, 294KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-May-2022|
Court Security Officer – Timaru
Timaru District Court – Permanent, Full Time
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
As Court Security Officers we take pride in serving our community by providing a safe and secure environment for people to gain access to the justice system.
We interact, assist and build relationships with diverse groups of people every day, ensuring our courts operate without fear of intimidation or violence. Our Court Security Officers are a valued and an important part of the Court Justice system. We will ensure you have the training needed to operate as a Court Security Officer under the Court Security Act 1999 at induction training.
We encourage and strive for a positive team culture where Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence form part of our daily values in how we treat each other and our participants. You will form part of a professional supportive team where diversity and individuality are respected.
Overview of role:
- Welcome and engage with a diverse range of people who enter our courts
- Assess potential health, safety and security risks, mitigate and respond to incidents as they occur
- Interact with other agencies (i.e. Police, Corrections) to ensure smooth court operations
- Patrol public areas and carry out building security checks, responding to duress alarm activations and identify and respond appropriately to security incidents
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
- Excellent level of customer service experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Confident in using technology
- Positive mindset and a can-do attitude
- Hold full, clean New Zealand drivers' licence and clean criminal record
- Great work life balance working Monday to Friday
- Leadership opportunities with courses to grow and develop
- Full uniform and personal protective equipment provided
- Health, safety and security training and qualifications
- Opportunities to relocate Nationwide as vacancies arise
- Be part of a respected team within the New Zealand Justice System
This is a 40 hour a week role with some paid overtime available when extra cover is required. You may also be required to work a minimum 4-hour shift on Saturdays.
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Working in the Timaru District Court would be your home base, however when operational needs necessitate, there is the requirement to also deploy to Oamaru or Ashburton Courts. Travel costs are met by the Ministry.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Salary range: $50,128 to $70,768. Starting salary will be dependent on skills and experience but is expected to be in the range of $54,845 - $56,025.
Applications close on: Friday, 20 May 2022
The Ministry's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its employees. We already have existing protocols in place to provide a safe workplace. We're now strengthening those protocols with a COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring that all roles across Te Tāhū o te Ture are carried out by people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All candidates are required to declare their COVID-19 vaccination status as part of the application process.
For further information, contact NSOadmin@justice.govt.nz and quote reference number: MOJ/1627565