Court Registry Office - Whangarei District Court | Northland
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Court Registry Officer PD 2021.pdf (PDF, 256KB)
|Application Close Date:||19-May-2022|
Whangarei District Court
Work in a team where you'll support the day to day operations of the court by managing cases and working with different customers.
- Work with a range of stakeholders who interact with the court
- Deliver a service with high accuracy and professionalism
- Exercise Deputy Registrar powers
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
As a Court Registry Officer, you will work with a team responsible for the successful operation of the Court. You will liaise with multiple stakeholders including defendants, witnesses, family members, Oranga Tamariki, Lawyers, and Police Officers. You will able to communicate confidently with Judges within the courtroom and their chambers, as well as other members of the judiciary.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Court Taking – this is the facilitating the running of the court. This includes introducing Judges (in English and Te Reo Maori), working closely with them in the Courtroom and Chambers, managing jurors and general administration of the court
- Customer Service - all courts have an onsite Customer Service area or hub that customers can access for any court related matter. You will work to answer customer queries via face to face, phone or email interactions
- Case Management – this involves ensuring files are accurate and up to date. This part of the role involves a large component of data entry
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
To be successful, you will need to be:
- Detail orientated and observant – the court has many different processes and case information needs to be accurate
- Self-aware – you'll understand our customers and will be confident working across a range of situations
- Multi-task – you'll understand that some of our processes are repetitive, but you'll be able to manage conflicting priorities and move from one task to another quickly
- Willing to learn – legislation and processes in the courts is always changing and you will be able to adapt and respond to feedback
- Resilience – there are times when working in the courts, you will be working on sensitive cases and sometimes at high volume
- Have an understanding and appreciation of cultural issues and concerns in particular Tikanga Maori
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Creating a continuous learning environment is important to us. As the successful applicant, you will bring your thirst for knowledge and improvement. You will have an individual training plan and be supported to carry out the role including be able to exercise Deputy Registrar Powers.
As an organisation we support our people with building their wellbeing knowledge and understanding offering a range of wellbeing tools and support.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Salary Range: $50,128 to $70,768. Starting salary of the successful candidate(s) will be based on their skills and experience.
Applications close on: 19th May 2022
The Ministry's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its employees. We already have existing protocols in place to provide a safe workplace. We're now strengthening those protocols with a COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring that all roles across Te Tāhū o te Ture are carried out by people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All candidates are required to declare their COVID-19 vaccination status as part of the application process.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com