Judges Personal Assistant | Otago
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Judges' PA Dunedin.pdf (PDF, 191KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-Dec-2021|
Judges Personal Assistant (Permanent, 40 Hours Per Week)
Dunedin District Court
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
Thanks to your impressive organisational skills and impeccable spelling and grammar, you, together with colleagues, will provide efficient and effective administrative secretarial support to the Judges at the Dunedin District Court.
With your demonstrated interpersonal skills and a strong attention to detail, you are confident working alone, as well as being part of a team, effectively prioritising your workflow, so you'll tackle duties such as organising appointments, arranging travel and coordinating meetings with ease.
You will demonstrate the highest level of integrity, and have the ability to deal professionally with matters of a highly sensitive nature.
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
To be successful in the role you will have the following experience and technical skills:
- Previous experience providing executive assistance, personal assistance or secretarial support to a diversified team of managers in a complex and busy environment
- Previous experience in a legal or court environment is an advantage
- Experience in communicating effectively with individuals and groups (written and oral), including in situations which can be volatile or sensitive
- Experience in events management and/or organising and co-ordinating activities and individuals at a senior level
- Experience in general office duties, operating equipment etc.
- Experience in working with a wide range of computer-based secretarial, administrative, and presentation applications
- Experience using liaison skills; especially with Maori, and networking ability
- Ability to work at a high level of independence, professionalism and self-initiation
- Demonstrates a strong level of organisation and problem solving, and the ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- An accurate audio-typing speed of at least 70 words per minute.
- A high standard of written English (comprehension, punctuation, spelling and grammar).
- Composure under pressure and being adaptable.
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Salary Range: The remuneration band for this role is $50,128 to $70,768. The appointing salary will be based on skills and experience.
Applications close on: 1 December 2021
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org