Accountant - National Office | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 240KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Oct-2019|
Accountant (10 months Fixed Term), Finance, National Office
The Ministry has a clear vision to deliver modern, accessible, people-centred justice services and has a focus on improving services to customers and stakeholders to achieve this.
Finance is part of the Ministry's Corporate Group, enabling the business to focus on the delivery the Ministry's strategic intentions. This accountant role is part of the financial Accounting team, providing a wide range of quality financial accounting services and works with Treasury, Audit NZ and IRD.
In this role you will:
- Undertake financial reporting and accounting activities that support the activities of the Ministry
- Develop and provide expertise on accounting policies, processes and practices
- Prepare and work with auditors on the financial statements for the Ministry's Annual Report
- Prepare budget information into the CFISnet system
- Review and monitor tax returns and monthly reconciliations.
We are looking for a Fixed Term Accountant for 10 months with:
- Relevant tertiary degree or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience and a commitment to ongoing professional development
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Public Finance Act, government budget processes and public sector-specific accounting standards and disciplines.
- Experience in Auditor liaison and completion of financial component of Annual Report.
- Good understanding of NZ tax compliance requirements.
- Experience using financial information systems and good knowledge of Microsoft suite, especially Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills where you consistently use your initiative to ensure the best outcome in each situation
- Proven skills of self-management and juggling conflicting priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The Accountant role is part of a high performing team of finance professionals that strive to provide excellent financial services and are trusted, work collaboratively across the Ministry and provide advice beyond the numbers. Therefore, a proven ability to build strong relationships with good written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Salary range: $70,445 - $99,452
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description at the site, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
For tracking purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process.
Applications close on Sunday 20 October 2019.