Manager Bailiffs - Auckland or Wellington | Auckland Region
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 278KB)
|Application Close Date:||18-Oct-2019|
Manager, Bailiffs, Based at Auckland or Wellington
Collections Services is part of the Ministry of Justice's National Service Delivery Group and is responsible for the Ministry's debt portfolio. The Ministry recently adopted a new Collections Strategy - Better Debt Resolution - and established a new structure to give effect to this strategy.
The Bailiff function is a national operation with a team of 40+ Bailiffs, who work from multiple sites across the country. The new Manager, Bailiffs position was established as part of the new Collections Services structure to provide leadership to the Bailiff function and is responsible for resolving and enforcing outstanding fines, reparation and civil debt and serving court documents.
As a member of the Collections Services management team, you will play a critical role in embedding the Bailiff function within the new Collections structure and contributing to effective and efficient, end-to-end service delivery across the Collections functions. Collections Services has an ongoing programme of business improvements and the Manager, Bailiffs will need to be adaptable and lead teams in an ever-changing operational environment.
Leading by example, you will role model the Ministry's values and your leadership style will support collaboration within the Bailiff function and across teams within National Service Delivery. Given the nature of the national operation, you will have an ability to connect people in different geographic locations to build a strong and supportive team culture.
The Bailiff role is unique as it requires a high level of face-to-face contact and includes activities such as seizing property. The Manager, Bailiffs will ensure an important focus on health and safety is maintained at all times.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience leading a national, customer-facing, service delivery operation.
- Strong analytical skills, using data and information analysis to monitor business performance information and reporting.
- Experience in service delivery and process design, development and implementation.
- Working as a member of a management team and demonstrated success as a leader of a function and achieving great outcomes. • Strong people leadership skills, including experience in coaching and developing employees and managing geographically dispersed teams.
- Experience in managing functions with physical health and safety requirements.
- Proven record in building and managing strong stakeholder relationships including working with other agencies, service providers and key stakeholders.
- Experience working in a changing environment where you are required to lead, influence and respond to changing needs and priorities.
- Working knowledge of government policy and the legislative process, and preferably sound understanding of the constitutional principles and legal processes that underpin the NZ justice system.
Salary range: $99,413 - $140,348
How to apply
To apply, click the Apply button below. You can view a position description, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter. For tracking purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Applications close at 5pm on Friday, 18 October 2019.