Court Reporter (Transcriber) - Wellington | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 185KB)
|Application Close Date:||18-Oct-2019|
Court Reporters (Transcribers), National Transcription Service, Ministry of Justice, Wellington CBD
A unique perspective on the justice system – making a difference to the lives of New Zealanders.
An accurate record is often at the heart of the justice system, and transcription is an essential part of that. The National Transcription Service (NTS) has a focus on efficiently servicing the transcription needs of courts and tribunals through specialist digital recording technology.
In the demanding role of NTS Court Reporter, no two days are the same. You will be exposed to unique situations in a changeable and fast-paced work environment as you transcribe a variety of court and other cases, across a range of jurisdictions. You will be part of a national network from within a supportive local team; working together to transcribe audio recorded anywhere in the country.
Requirements for this role include
- An accurate audio-typing base speed of 70+ words per minute (wpm) with the expectation this will increase with training in the use of smart transcription tools;
- A high standard of written English (comprehension, vocabulary, punctuation, spelling and grammar);
- Fully competent in a Windows based environment (particularly MSWord) - with the ability to learn new systems and navigate through multiple applications;
- Composure under pressure: adaptable and able to productively, but safely, self-manage in an often-changeable environment;
- Experience in a detailed focused/ quality driven environment
- The ability to understand and apply legal protocols and court procedures;
- The ability to handle upsetting content
- The ability to research/ learn complex terminology (e.g. legal/ medical/ scientific/ industrial);
- Excellent, customer-focused decision making.
While previous transcription experience may be desirable, this role would suit someone with great computer skills who is interested in experiencing a unique window into the legal world and justice sector. Full training will be given.
Bring your excellent typing skills, your adaptability, attention-to-detail, perseverance and unflappable nature and we'll teach you everything else you need to know.
Salary Range: $43,000-$54,335
About Ministry of Justice
The Ministry of Justice provides a range of justice services around New Zealand. We have more than 3500 people working across 120 locations around the country, all working towards our vision of a safe and just New Zealand.
How to apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description at the site, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
For tracking purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process.
Applications close on Friday 18 October 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com