Family Court Coordinator - Napier | Hawkes Bay
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 198KB)
|Application Close Date:||04-Oct-2019|
Family Court Co-ordinator, Napier District Court
The Ministry of Justice provides a range of justice services around New Zealand. We have more than 3000 people working across 120 locations around the country, all working towards our vison of a safe and just New Zealand.
This is a permanent 40 hours per week position. The hours come with a degree of flexibility around when those hours are worked each week. The salary range for the role is $52,884 - $74,660
Family Court Co-ordinators contribute to the operation of the Family Court by co-ordinating specialist services and playing a key role in managing relationships with management, the judiciary, professional service providers, legal practitioners, court users and community groups.
To be successful in this role you will have the following education and or experience:
- A relevant tertiary qualification e.g. social work, counselling, psychology or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in or knowledge of Family Court procedures and legislation including family violence (previously referred to as domestic violence).
- Analytical skills to enable relevant legislation to be interpreted and applied.
- Experience in or knowledge of
- Initial assessment and crisis intervention skills e.g. active listening skills.
- Well-developed communication skills to assist with a wide range of users of the Family Court system.
- Good level of computer literacy.
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description at the site, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter. For tracking purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process. Applications close Friday 4 October 2019 with interviews to be held in Napier early-October 2019.