Court Security Team Leader - Gisborne | Gisborne
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 253KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Sep-2019|
Court Security Team Leader, Gisborne District Court
Judges, staff, contractors, stakeholders and customers come through our Court doors every day. Ensuring their safety is vital, and that's why we're looking for the right person with the right skills and proven leadership experience to lead our Court Security Team.
Court Security Officers (CSOs) provide safety and security for court staff and the general public. CSO's undertake security screening of court users and engage with a hugely diverse range of people in the community. They interact with other agencies (Police, Corrections) to ensure smooth day to day operations, patrol public areas and carry out building security checks. CSO's respond to duress alarm activations, identify and respond appropriately to security incidents as well as operate and maintain Court facility CCTV and electronic access systems.
What are we looking for?
- A proven people leader who can demonstrate knowledge and experience in coaching, mentoring and developing their team to their full potential
- An individual who is professional, smartly presented and confident
- Someone with a good work ethic and who has excellent written and oral communication and customer service skills
- You will need experience in operational management of teams in complex and demanding security environments
- You will need to be an active negotiator and can interact, defuse and control tense situations
- You need to be alert and able to maintain a high degree of vigilance with close attention to detail to maintain a secure environment in court precincts
- A good level of physical fitness is required
- Technology plays a big part in what we do so it's important that you are comfortable using computers
- You will also require a full, clean NZ drivers licence and a clean criminal history
- You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand
This is a permanent, full time role. As part of this role you will be supported with a full induction programme and ongoing training. You will be part of a friendly and hardworking team at your home court, as well as a wider team spread across New Zealand.
The expected starting salary for a Court Security Team Leader is between $61,744 - $72,639 depending on the skills and experience that you bring to the role.
The successful applicant be required to pass a pre-employment medical check, drug screen and criminal history check, and will then be required to undertake a two-week residential legislation and control and restraint training course in Wellington.
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and apply online please visit our careers website or use the links on this page.
To apply please complete the application form, attaching your full CV and cover letter detailing your interest and suitability for the role. Applications that do not have a cover letter include will not be considered.
Applications close on Sunday 22 September 2019. Applications will be acknowledged once the advertisement has closed.
For further information, contact Kathryn Reid on firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job number.