Team Manager, Legal Aid Services - Wellington | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 255KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Oct-2019|
Team Manager, Legal Aid Services, Wellington
About the role
It's an exciting time to join the Legal Aid team as we focus on simplifying and modernising our service. Making it easier for our customers to access and understand us is at the centre of our strategy. We're looking for a motivated people leader that is focused on exceeding customer expectations by coaching, motivating and supporting our people to provide great service to the public every day.
- Leading and managing a team of up to 16 frontline people
- Coaching team members to perform at their best and provide great customer service
- Work alongside the other 6 Team Managers
- Focusing on delivering a nationally consistent service
- Work alongside the Service Delivery Manager to apply organisational strategy
- Supporting a program of modernisation to enhance customer service.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Passion for delivering outstanding customer service with a strong focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to lead and motivate teams, ensuring team members have the appropriate skills and confidence to make quality decisions
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, including communicating with a wide range of audiences on complex issues
- Experience in an environment where decisions and actions are governed by a need to comply with legislation and organisation policy and procedure
- Ability to build and maintain a range of internal and external business relationships and networks.
About Ministry of Justice
The Ministry of Justice wants people to have better access to justice services. We want people to be able to deal with us easily and quickly, and that means improving how we provide services to our customers.
The Ministry is an exciting place to work, with large scope for your own development and growth as well as the opportunity to play a key part in changing the way we deliver services to our customers.
The salary range for this role is $70,445 to $99,452.
How to apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description at the site, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on Sunday 20 October 2019.