Senior Advisor | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 227KB)
|Application Close Date:||30-Jun-2019|
Senior Advisor, Office of the Chief Operating Officer, Operations and Service Delivery (12 months fixed term)
We are seeking a Senior Advisor for a fixed term opportunity to support the Chief Operating Officer (COO) for the Operations and Service Delivery (OSD) group and join our team in the Office of the Chief Operating Officer.
OSD is the largest group within the Ministry of Justice and has more than 2,500 staff throughout New Zealand. Our four business groups Senior Courts, Courts and Tribunals Regional Service Delivery, National Service Delivery, and Commissioning and Service Improvement deliver people-centred services to provide access to justice for our customers wherever, or however, they interact with the Ministry.
As a Senior Advisor, Office of the Chief Operating Officer, you will provide support directly to the COO and across OSD to enable the delivery of high quality services. Your key responsibilities include:
- Coordination point between OSD and other parts of the Ministry
- Providing information and analysis of OSD operations
- Preparing and guiding advice and/or reports that support the Chief Operating Officer and OSD management team with decision making
- Providing advice for Ministers, including operational policy
- Meeting official reporting requirements
- Responding to various requests and official correspondence
- Managing relationships with other parts of the Ministry and with Ministers' Offices
We are interested in hearing from senior advisors/advisors with tertiary qualifications, experienced in providing trusted advice, leading significant pieces of work, and forming and maintaining positive relationships. You will have a good understanding of the machinery of government and legislative processes and have excellent communication skills. You will also be able to work collaboratively with other agencies, external stakeholders and a range of people in the Ministry of Justice.
Senior Advisor salary $83,219 - $117,485
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description at the site, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
For tracking purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process.
Applications close on Sunday 30 June 2019.