Manager Health and Safety and Emergency Management | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 305KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Jun-2019|
Manager Health and Safety and Emergency Management, National Office, Wellington
We are looking to recruit a Manager Health and Safety and Emergency Management.
If you are someone that:
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced multi-dimensional work environment
- Is highly organised and enjoys problem solving
- Enjoys working across teams to deliver all of agency outcomes Then this is the role for you.
The Health, Safety and Security business unit supports the Ministry's managers and employees to put health, safety and security at the heart of everything they do. The business unit leads the development of HSS strategy and operational policy. It is also responsible for the design, development and deployment of programmes and initiatives that support and strengthen the Ministry's HSS culture as well as providing technical expertise and support to frontline teams. In an emergency we lead, coordinate and support real-time responses and have responsibility for emergency management and business continuity strategy, planning and implementation.
The Manager Health and Safety and Emergency Management will lead a team of Senior Advisors and Advisors to create, develop and maintain the Ministry Health and Safety, Emergency Management and Business Continuity plans and provide expert advice to the General Manager Health, Safety and Security. You will support the General Manager HSS in providing up to date valid data on Health and Safety, Emergency Management and Business Continuity to the Ministry Strategic Leadership Team.
You are part of the HSS senior management team which drives the HSS strategic direction. Your team is responsible for the design, development and deployment of programmes and initiatives that support and strengthen the Ministry's HSS culture as well as providing technical expertise and support to frontline teams and health and safety committees and representatives.
Your team will ensure that HSS activities are integrated into all Ministry workplaces and workplace practices. Your team will do this by using the right information to predict potential threats and provide expert advice so that our employees have the right information at the right time to manage risk and do their job effectively. The team will also ensure that employees receive the right training, at the right time and that it's suited to their role.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an intelligent, highly organised and results orientated person with a commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Be experienced in leading teams and driving large scale health and safety culture change
- Be excellent at building and maintaining relationships, and enthusiastic about working in a diverse team environment
- Have sound analytical skills and good judgment
- Be experienced in strategic work programme development and leading complex work programmes
- Have a strong sense of team and a sense of humour.
Salary range: $137,479 - $194,088
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description at the site, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
For tracking purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process.
Applications close 5pm on Tuesday 25 June 2019.