Manager, Analytics and Insights (Courts & Tribunals) | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| SECT-29-90-688-7.pdf (PDF, 370KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-May-2019|
Manager, Analytics and Insights (Courts and Tribunals)
Fixed Term (12 months)
- Make a difference for New Zealanders
- Lead, mentor and guide an analytical team that turns data into insight for action
- Support and influence Senior Leaders, Judiciary and Ministers across the justice sector.
Sector Group is a multi-disciplinary team that brings together the best of strategy, policy, data analysis, research and evaluation capabilities to inform decision making by justice agency leaders.
We support justice agencies to work together to deliver ambitious results for a safe and just New Zealand.
Now is an exciting time for you to become a part of the Sector Group as the insights and advice we provide are highly sought after. Our work is characterised by innovation, quality and impact, and we are informing the transformation of the justice system.
About the role
This is a highly influential tier 4 role that leads the analytical team who generate insights for the operational courts and tribunals teams. This is a wonderful opportunity to provide leadership in the provision of insights for decision makers - through data analysis, performance reporting, “why” analysis and “what-if” modelling across the Ministry of Justice and other justice agencies.
This management role facilitates the development of data-driven insights in collaboration with operational business units and leaders in the Ministry of Justice and with justice agencies. In this role you and your team's work will be exposed to senior leaders, judiciary and Ministers across the justice sector. This role requires someone who can take Ministry data and information from interesting, to useful, to used.
This exciting opportunity has come about due to the current manager taking on a larger leadership role in the Ministry on secondment.
Skills, attributes and experience
To be successful you must be a passionate leader and possess substantial experience in:
- Leading a team to turn data into insight that enables decision making
- Demonstrating success in a management role in a medium or large organisation
- Working as a member of a management team with varying unit goals but shared organisational goals
- Working with Ministers and key stakeholders across government
- Communicating with a wide range of audiences on a range of complex issues
- Relationship management with an emphasis on collaborative working
- Understanding operational requirements
- A tertiary degree in a relevant field
Applications close 5pm 29 May 2019 and must be made through Ministry of Justice's careers centre
For more information about the role, please contact Shailesh Neman on firstname.lastname@example.org