Senior Financial Modelling and Data Analyst | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 354KB)
|Application Close Date:||30-Apr-2019|
Senior Financial Modelling and Data Analyst, Wellington
The Ministry of Justice provides a range of justice services around New Zealand. We have more than 3000 people working across 120 locations around the country, all working towards our vision of a safe and just New Zealand.
The Ministry is an exciting place to work, with large scope for your own development and growth as well as the opportunity to play a key part in supporting the way we deliver services to our customers.
The Senior Financial Modelling and Data Analyst is responsible for working with financial and non-financial data to enable the organisational story to be well told and identify areas for financial and non-financial performance improvement.
You will be working closely with Finance team members, as well as wider Ministry team members and drawing data from human resources and financial management information systems to ensure an integrated approach to analysing and modelling related information.
To be successful you must possess the following:
- Experience in a central government agency and understanding of public sector systems, processes and legislation (State Sector Act and Public Finance Act) is essential
- High degree of computer literacy, including advanced knowledge of Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience of working with senior managers in a large and complex organisation, preferably within the public sector
- Able to read, understand and interpret complex documents, including legislation, financial, numerical and business information
- Able to provide written reports and presentations to a high standard
- Able to build and maintain positive stakeholder relationships and effective networks across and within organisations
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and planning skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to relate to a wide range of people at all levels
- Relevant tertiary degree or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
- A member of Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand or equivalent is preferable.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply now.
All applications must be submitted online.
Salary range: $98,429 to $138,958
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description at the site, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
For tracking purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process.
Applications close on Tuesday 30 April 2019.