Case Manager | Christchurch
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 192KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Apr-2019|
Case Manager (x 5), Canterbury Earthquakes Insurance Tribunal
You must fill in and complete the Questionnaire to be considered for this vacancy.
Join the Ministry's Canterbury Earthquakes Insurance Tribunal team to help the people of Canterbury resolve their long-standing earthquake-related residential insurance claims.
- Provide expert services in case management
- Provide services to support the hearing of cases
At the Ministry of Justice, we put our customers at the forefront of everything we do.
If you have an interest in justice, a commitment to delivering excellent customer service and you have strong case management, planning and organisational skills, then this busy role supporting the Canterbury Earthquakes Insurance Tribunal could be the role for you.
This is a new Tribunal therefore you will be joining a new team.
The Tribunal will provide eligible homeowners with an option to resolve their long-standing earthquake-related residential insurance claims. The Tribunal is part of a wider Government programme to support Greater Christchurch homeowners.
You will respect and understand that each of our customers are different and have different needs.
You will have outstanding communication, people management and organisational skills. You will be composed, patient and resilient. Customer service will be at the forefront of everything you do.
You will be supported by a hardworking, passionate and enthusiastic team who are committed to helping all customers along the path to resolving their long-standing claims.
What we need from you?
- Enthusiasm and ambition: You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be eager to learn. You will respond well to feedback and look for ways to improve the way you and the Tribunal do things.
- Attention to detail: You will be able to manage caseloads to a high standard of quality and accuracy.
- Flexibility and strong organisational skills
- People skills: You will be naturally empathetic, and confident in and relating to, and communicating with, a wide range of people in a professional and impartial manner.
- Resilience: You will bounce back from tough conversations and use the team around you for support.
- Technical skills: You will be computer savvy, and able adapt to new systems.
- The team: Our team will be made up of hard-working, collegial and diverse people, operating in a collaborative environment
- The building: We are located in the new Justice and Emergency Services Precinct in the heart of the central business district.
- Adding value: You will have the opportunity to contribute to processes and ways of working as we establish this new team.
The fine print:
- Term of employment: Permanent. The Tribunal is expected to be operational for 3-5 years. Once the Tribunal's work is complete, staff will have the opportunity to join the wider Registry team supporting a range of courts and tribunals.
- Hours: Full-time. Hours will be 8am to 5pm, but there may be occasions – such as when a hearing or conference is running late - where you may be required to work past 5pm.
- Salary range: The salary range for this position is $48,368 – $68,284.
- Start date: The start date for our new Case Managers is expected to be as soon as possible.
- Recruitment process: Phone screening may be conducted for shortlisted applicants. If you progress to the next stage, you may be invited to attend an assessment and interview.
- Work rights: Only applicants with the appropriate work rights will be considered for this position.
- Driver Licence: A full driver licence is essential.
If your application is successful, you will be joining our team at a challenging and exciting time. You will have the opportunity to make a difference, be part of a vibrant and dynamic team, learn new and interesting things, and gain experience in a wide range of areas.
- Click the ‘Apply' button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description at the site.
- Complete an online application form by attaching:
- A copy of your curriculum vitae
- A cover letter
- A completed questionnaire
For tracking purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Tuesday 23 April 2019.