Principal Advisor | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 236KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Apr-2019|
Principal Advisor (12 months Fixed Term), Service Improvement, National Office
We have an exciting opportunity within a high performing business analysis and continuous improvement team.
Service Improvement have an exciting work programme that directly contributes to the Ministry's goal of improving the services delivered to our customers. The Principal Advisor, Service Improvement, will support successful project delivery by supporting the technical capability development of a team of Business Analysts.
To be successful in the role you will be smart, flexible, resourceful and resilient. You will have a good understanding of Government processes and requirements, strong strategic and analytical experience, a history of planning, monitoring and supporting the delivery of projects and the ability to think operationally and strategically. You will be a strong communicator, with excellent written skills and the ability to coach others on the technical application of business analysis techniques.
Key deliverables include:
- Develop and deliver training plans to develop technical BA capability.
- Assist in scoping new projects to ensure they are well thought out and set up to succeed.
- Quality review BA outputs to ensure they are of high standard and align with best practice.
- Maintain a centre of excellence, that includes tools and resources to support work delivery.
- Develop and nurture relationships to support a cross-agency community of practice.
- Assist the manager in recruitment and retention strategies.
- Consultancy; collaborate with the business and address client needs to enhance their capabilities and effectiveness.
Your experience will include:
- 2 plus years working as a Lead Business Analyst or Business Analyst Team Manager;
- 5+ years working as a Senior Business Analyst;
- Coaching, mentoring, developing BA capability;
- Strong understanding of core BA methods and tools (especially requirements gathering and documentation, use cases, process mapping, benefits management, data modelling);
- Stakeholder management at a senior management level;
- Workforce planning to enable effective and efficient delivery;
- Communicating with a wide range of audiences on a range of complex issues;
- Able to build and maintain a range of effective business relationships within an organisation and a wide network of professional relationships across organisations;
- Sound understanding of project management methodologies; and
- Proven ability to deliver within time and budget.
We have an exciting work programme and a fantastic team. If you enjoy the challenge of working across multiple projects, supporting others to succeed and contributing to organisational improvement then this is the role for you.
Salary range: $108,033 - $162,050
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description at the site, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
For tracking purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process.
Applications close on Friday 26 April 2019.