Policy Manager | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description .pdf (PDF, 241KB)
Self-Assessment Form - April 2019 Policy Manager.docx (Word, 17KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Apr-2019|
Policy Managers (x 2), Policy Group, National Office
You must fill in and complete the self-assessment form to be considered for this vacancy.
Kahore tetahi o tatou, taea te mahi, nga mahi e taea o tatou katoa
Not one of us alone can do the job as well as all of us working together
The Policy Group is recruiting for two Policy Managers. The positions are the managers of the Criminal Law team and the Civil Law & Human Rights team.
About the teams and the roles
Policy Managers report to the General Manager of their units.
As part of the Criminal Justice Unit, the Criminal Law Team delivers advice that:
- helps maintain the integrity of the criminal justice system, with appropriate penalties and offences
- leads the policy development for effective criminal law reform, including work on corruption, organised crime, money laundering, cybercrime and counter-terrorism
- leads New Zealand's representation at international fora on corruption and anti-money laundering.
As part of the Civil and Constitutional Unit, the Civil Law and Human Rights Team delivers advice that
- protects and maintains human rights for all New Zealanders;
- drives clear and accessible law on trusts, contract, private international law and property rights;
- helps maintain regulatory systems that minimise harm to people and society.
Skills and experience
If you have proven yourself as a thoughtful people leader and coach then we want to hear from you.
- You will enjoy coaching and developing your team, and supporting individuals to grow and thrive.
- You will be a proven problem solver and have the confidence to work with complexity and ambiguity.
- You will have an ability to relate to all types of people, from a range of sectors and stakeholder groups.
- You will have a relevant qualification at bachelors level or higher.
The Justice Policy Group actively seeks a diverse applicant pool, with a variety of life experiences. An understanding of Te Āo Māori and Te Tiriti o Waitangi is particularly valuable.
- Seize the opportunity to strengthen your deliberate approach to people leadership.
- Be part of the Policy team that is ranked one of the highest in the public sector for quality policy advice.
- Enjoy a real breadth of work.
The salary range for a Policy Manager is $137,479 - $194,088.
To apply, click the Apply button below. Please answer the questions in the Self-Assessment form and attach it along with your CV.
For tracking purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process.
Applications close 29 April 2019. If you have any questions, please contact BSU_Policy@justice.govt.nz