Executive Support to Director | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Part Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 247KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Feb-2019|
Executive Support to Director (Part-Time 32 hours per week), Public Defence Service, National Office, Wellington
We are seeking an experienced Executive Support professional to be responsible for providing high level administrative and executive support services to the Director and our small National Office team. You will contribute directly to the effectiveness of the business unit by supporting the efficient management of business unit activities, including dealing with matters of a highly confidential and sensitive nature and managing social and digital media duties on behalf of the Director and PDS.
To be successful in this role you will be energetic, proactive and able to think on your feet. You will have excellent communication and organisation skills and be able to respond to changing needs and priorities. A key success factor will be your ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and communicate on diverse levels with a wide range of people both within and outside the Ministry.
Key tasks include:
- Provide administrative support to Director and National Office team
- Preparing and supporting business unit meetings
- Preparing confidential correspondence
- Providing a full range of efficient administrative and secretarial services
- Complex diary, travel and inbox management
- Manage electronic diaries and phone calls for the Director and, as required, other National Office or Senior Management staff
- Manage social and digital media duties on behalf of the Director and PDS
- Contributing to projects or areas of work across the team
Key Attributes include:
- An excellent work ethic with the proven ability to prioritise work
- High level of computer literacy
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and planning skills
- Able to relate to a wide range of people at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with digital/social media platforms
- Innate ability to think ahead and pre-empt needs
- Energetic and self-sufficient personality
- Loads of initiative, motivation and drive
- Wellington CBD location
- Salary band from $48,368-$68,284 based on experience
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description at the site, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
For tracking purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process.
Applications close on Sunday 24 February 2019.