Manager, Claims and Registry | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 265KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Feb-2019|
Manager, Claims and Registry, Waitangi Tribunal Unit, Wellington Ministry of Justice
The Waitangi Tribunal inquires into historical and contemporary Treaty claims through a broad range of inquiry programmes and processes.
We are looking for a talented people leader with experience in a dynamic operational environment.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Operational management experience with expertise in managing budgets and procurement processes.
- Previous experience in managing and developing the capability of staff.
- Proven leadership skills to motivate and lead staff to achieve targets and understand their contribution to the bigger picture.
- Good track record in supporting and implementing changes to business and work processes.
- You will also possess well-developed interpersonal skills which will enable you to establish relationships and motivate others.
You will need to be able to work effectively with a range of teams across the unit as well as your substantive claims and registry team. Excellent interpersonal relationship skills are therefore required.
Strong candidates will also have an understanding of, and commitment to, the work of the Waitangi Tribunal including knowledge of te reo, tikanga and mātauranga Māori.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Grace Smit, email@example.com
Salary band: J8 - $98,429 - $138,958
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description at the site, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
For tracking purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process.
Applications close Sunday 24 February 2019.