Team Manager | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Legal Aid Team Manager PD.pdf (PDF, 255KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-Feb-2019|
Legal Aid Services
The Ministry of Justice wants people to have better access to justice services. We want people to be able to deal with us easily and quickly, and that means improving how we provide services to our customers.
It's an exciting time to join the Legal Aid team as we focus on simplifying and modernising our service. Making it easier for our customers to access and understand us is at the centre of our strategy. We're looking for a motivated people leader that is focused on exceeding customer expectations by coaching, motivating and supporting our people to provide great service to the public every day.
This position will be responsible for leading and managing a team of up to 16 frontline people, made up of Grants Officers and Clerical Support Officers. The Team Manager is one of eight nationally which work alongside each other and with the Service Delivery Manager to apply organisational strategy to the operating environment, focusing on delivering a nationally consistent service.
Applicants for this position will need:
- Tertiary degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- to have a passion for delivering outstanding customer service with a strong focus on continuous improvement
- the ability to lead and motivate teams, ensuring team members have the appropriate skills and confidence to make quality decisions
- to have well developed verbal and written communication skills, including communicating with a wide range of audiences on complex issues
- experience in an environment where decisions and actions are governed by a need to comply with legislation and organisation policy and procedure
- to be able to build and maintain a range of internal and external business relationships and networks.
The Ministry is an exciting place to work, with large scope for your own development and growth as well as the opportunity to play a key part in changing the way we deliver services to our customers.
The salary range for this role is $69,747 to $98,466.
Applications should include a CV and a cover letter. In addition, please provide a written self-assessment outlining the following two competencies:
- Communicate, Influence and Inspire
- Drive Operational Excellence.
For an informal discussion or further information about this role please contact Robert Ives, Service Delivery Manager on 04 918 8992.
Applications close on Friday 1st February 2019.