Principal Advisor | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description Principal Advisor Strategy Dec 18.pdf (PDF, 256KB)
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2019|
Principal Advisor, Strategy, Sector Group
National Office - Permanent
Would you like to work in a multidisciplinary team that sets the agenda for Justice Sector-wide policy and insights? Do you have a strategic mind, an eye for detail and a drive to form positive relationships across a busy sector? The Ministry of Justice's Sector Group now has an opportunity for a Principal Advisor to join the Strategy Team - could this be you?
- Make a difference for New Zealanders
- Lead complex, challenging, and highly satisfying work
- Turn data insights into action
About the Sector Group:
Sector Group is a set of multi-disciplinary teams that brings together the best of strategy, policy, data analysis, research and evaluation capabilities to inform decision making by Justice Sector leaders. We support justice agencies to work together to deliver ambitious results for a safe and just New Zealand.
The Strategy Team is part of the Ministry's Sector Group. We support an integrated justice sector to deliver ambitious results, for a safe and just New Zealand.
We are a team of innovation, strategy and insight. You'll have the opportunity to work collaboratively with other agencies and a range of people in the Ministry of Justice. You'll be exposed to leaders in the organisation and sector and have the opportunity to undertake work for Ministers. You will be challenged and interested by the diverse range of work and will enjoy a busy work programme with real impact.
About the role:
The Principal Advisor, Sector Strategy is responsible for contributing towards the communication of justice sector direction and ensuring goals are clear and well communicated. This position identifies areas of focus for improving overall justice sector performance and prioritises actions that produce results. This is achieved by applying a whole-of-system view to prioritisation, analysis and decision-making..
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Experience leading complex policy and strategy projects to successful completion
- Experience in a Senior Advisor or Principal Advisor position previously
- Experience mentoring and developing junior staff and peers
- Experience communicating with a wide range of senior audiences on complex issues
- Broad range of analytical frameworks and the ability to assimilate and translate complex information
- Ability to see and convey the big picture while knowing how to achieve long term change
We can offer the opportunity to:
- Help mould the way we work to achieve better results for the future
- Directly contribute to Justice sector decision-making
- Be part of a stimulating and intellectually rewarding environment with opportunities to further develop your expertise
- Work with a smart, dynamic and diverse range of people
Applications close 31 January 2019 and must be made through the Ministry of Justice's careers centre.
For more information, please contact Shailesh Neman on firstname.lastname@example.org