Executive Support | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description Executive Support Jan 2019 (002).pdf (PDF, 328KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Jan-2019|
Are you a superstar PA or EA looking for your new challenge?
- Provide timely and high-quality executive support to two busy General Managers
- Mentor and support other administration staff
- Work in a supportive and busy environment
Sector Group is a multi-disciplinary team that brings together the best of strategy, policy, data analysis, research and evaluation capabilities to inform decision making by justice sector leaders and to lead reform of the criminal justice system. We support an integrated justice sector to deliver ambitious results, for a safe and just New Zealand.
We are recruiting for a proactive, experienced and effective Executive Support to join a high performing team.
About the role
The Executive Support supports two busy General Managers, ensuring they are able to operate effectively. This role provides timely, high-quality executive administration support to the GMs, supports and leads processes and systems across the Office of the DCE and provides mentoring and support to other administration staff.
This is a busy and challenging role – no two days are the same - and this role is an integral part in the effective operation of the GMs and the wider Sector Group.
- Provide effective and efficient executive support to the General Managers, including diary management, email management, travel bookings and day packs
- Establish and maintain effective office management systems and processes for the GMs and their direct reports and broader teams
- Support the development of new team members to ensure that there is a high level of capability
- Provide ongoing mentoring and coaching to other business services staff in the group
Skills, attributes and experience
- National Certificate in Business Administration (Level 4) or other relevant qualification, or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience and a commitment to ongoing professional development
- High degree of computer literacy
- Positive and proactive approach
- Excellent attention to detail and recall of information
- A genuine interest in the work of the GMs and an ability to continuously proactively allocate tasks and follow up to support the GMs to manage their workload
- Well developed written communication and editing skills
- Experiencing mentoring and supporting other administrative staff without direct line management responsibility
- A strong team player, used to working in an environment where collective high performance and success of the wider team are crucial
- Help mould the way we work to achieve better results for the future
- Be part of a stimulating and intellectually rewarding environment with opportunities to further develop your expertise
- Work with a smart, dynamic and diverse range of people
- Be a key part of the team leading the reform of the Criminal Justice System.
Applications close 25January 2019 and must be made through the Ministry of Justice's careers centre
For more information about the role, please contact Shailesh Neman on Shailesh.firstname.lastname@example.org