Manager, Sector Strategy | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description Manager Strategy Dec 18.pdf (PDF, 345KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jan-2019|
Manager, Sector Strategy, Sector Group
About the role:
This role will lead the Strategy team in supporting justice sector leaders and the wider justice sector to collaborate to achieve results. The team takes a long-term, system-wide view, and is frequently called upon for its ability to bring a new perspective to a conversation. You will be able to communicate complex ideas succinctly, deftly manage a range of complex relationships, and articulate and build consensus on momentum and towards a long-term vision for the justice sector.
Working closely with other managers in Sector Group, the Manager, Sector Strategy is expected to be at the centre of driving strategic leadership for the justice sector as follows:
- Facilitate the creation of the vision and long term strategic plans for the justice sector over different time frames, in collaboration with justice sector agencies
- Support an integrated approach is taken to the development, implementation and monitoring of long term justice sector strategies and plans through coordinated justice sector governance mechanisms
- Ensure justice sector goals are well communicated and understood by engaging with stakeholders about the sector vision and plan
- Maintain an overview of international innovations and best practice and identify opportunities for the New Zealand justice sector
- Facilitate and advise on where sector agencies should work collectively and in an integrated way to deliver on sector outcomes
- Identify and advise on the drivers of sector performance, identify incentives for performance and opportunities for performance improvement
- Ensure sector issues and opportunities with high potential are acted on, including policy and service design initiatives
- Provide thought leadership in strategy development by offering clear strategic advice and support to the Sector Group and justice sector agencies
- Work with counterparts in sector agencies to ensure that a joined-up sector view of strategic issues and objectives is developed and sustained.
To be successful you must be a passionate leader and possess substantial experience in:
- Demonstrating success in a management role in a medium or large organisation
- Working as a member of a management team with varying unit goals but shared organisational goals
- Working with Ministers and key stakeholders across government
- Communicating with a wide range of audiences on a range of complex issues
- Relationship management with an emphasis on collaborative working.
About the Ministry & Sector Group:
- The Ministry of Justice is the lead agency in the justice sector, which includes the New Zealand Police, the Department of Corrections, Oranga Tamariki, Crown Law, and the Serious Fraud Office. Sector leaders are supported by the Sector Group within the Ministry.
- Sector Group is a multi-disciplinary team that brings together the best of strategy, policy, data analysis, research and evaluation capabilities to inform decision making by justice agency leaders. We support justice agencies to work together to deliver ambitious results for a safe and just New Zealand.
- Now is an exciting time for you to become a part of the Sector Group in the Ministry of Justice, as we are leading the cross-agency work to transform the criminal justice system. The insights and advice we provide are highly sought after, our work is characterised by innovation, quality and impact, and we are informing the direction for justice agencies.
Applications close 22 January 2019 and must be made through the Ministry of Justice's careers centre
Please contact Shailesh Neman for more information on email@example.com