Legal Support Assistant | Auckland Region
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 426KB)
|Application Close Date:||14-Dec-2018|
Entry Level Legal Support Assistant, Waitakere Public Defence Service
- Supportive and positive team
- Interesting criminal defence environment
- Excellent professional development and training opportunities The Public Defence Service (PDS) is New Zealand's largest criminal law practice, providing high quality legal advice and representation in a full range of criminal cases.
We are looking for a super organised, practical and enthusiastic person to join our team in our Waitakere office. We are a team of around 25 legal and support staff. It is a friendly and collegial team delivering professional services in a busy environment.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take instruction and follow through • The ability to work well under pressure
- Experience working to deadlines
- The ability to prioritise
- The ability to use your own initiative
- Data entry experience
- A valid NZ work Visa
Whilst you may have already gained some experience in a professional environment that is customer driven, and been involved in general office administration tasks, this is a chance for you to get in at the 'ground floor' and establish a great career path for yourself.
Your duties will include setting up client files, accurately processing disclosure, covering reception, answering phones, assisting our legal secretaries and supporting the office, copying, collating and filing legal documents.
As a key team member at the PDS you will have access to a very successful three-month induction programme for PDS administration staff. You will also be able to attend monthly training sessions.
Salary will depend on skills and experience and commences at $42,744 - $50,787
To apply, complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close on Friday 14 December 2018.