NIIO Coordinator | Auckland City
|Position Type:||Permanent Part Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 214KB)
|Application Close Date:||15-Nov-2018|
NIIO Coordinator (Permanent, Part-time), Duty Coroner's Office, Coronial Services Unit – Ellerslie, Auckland
The Ministry of Justice provides administrative supportto the Coroners of New Zealand.
We are a small, dedicated Team working shifts around the clock to provide exceptional service to our Coroners, internal and external stakeholders and the community.
The Duty Coroner's Office operates 24 hours a day 7 days a week. A part time position with us requires the flexibility to work some 5 hour shifts and some rostered shifts. Shifts include days, afternoons (to midnight) and midnight to 08:30. There is a requirement that you are available to work any of these shifts including weekends and public holidays.
This could suit someone wishing to work in conjunction with university studies provided you have an ability to work any shift. There must be an ability to work public holidays and university/school holidays. The hours overall will average 20 hours per week.
The salary band for this position is between $44,416 and $60,092 (on a pro rata basis) with a starting point of up to $52,253 dependant on experience.
To be successful in this role requires exceptional interpersonal skills that will support your work with people under diverse and sometimes sensitive circumstances. From time to time there will be a requirement to deal with emotive material.
If these are your Key Skills then we would like to hear from you:
- great at multi-tasking
- enjoy working in a reactive as well as a proactive environment
- professional and confident phone manner
- exceptional record-keeping skills with accurate typing and data entry
- a good working knowledge of Word and Excel
- ability to work both with direction and independently
- evidence of an ability to be part of a team where information is passed from one shift to another
- a full Driver's Licence is essential (secure parking is available).
To apply, complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close at 5:00pm on Thursday 15 November 2018.