Policy Managers | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 241KB)
|Application Close Date:||19-Nov-2018|
Policy Managers (Fixed Term) (x 3), Policy Group, National Office
Kahore tetahi o tatou, taea te mahi, nga mahi e taea o tatou katoa
Not one of us alone can do the job as well as all of us working together
- Build an effective team, using your strong interpersonal skills and coaching
- Work with a wide group of internal and external stakeholders to create solutions
- Deliver advice that makes a difference.
The Policy Group is recruiting for three fixed-term Policy Managers, while permanent managers are taking up secondment opportunities and on parental leave. The positions are the managers of: Sentencing & Rehabilitation Team (18 months), Access to Justice (12 months), and Courts & Tribunals (6 months).
About the teams and the roles
Policy Managers report to the General Manager of their units.
The Sentencing & Rehabilitation Team delivers advice that:
- contributes to a safe and humane justice system;
- helps maintain the integrity of the criminal justice system and reduce re-offending;
- includes advice on bail, sentencing, parole and rehabilitative interventions.
The Access to Justice Team provides advice about the Family Court, family law and legal assistance, including:
- policy about the care and guardianship of children and legal relationships such as adoption and marriage;
- law relating to the protection of vulnerable people's rights, including protections from family violence;
- how to support people who cannot afford to pay for legal advice to get assistance from lawyers and community law centres, and work with the Law Society to regulate the legal profession.
The Courts & Tribunals Team provides policy advice to improve courts and tribunals and support a fair and trusted justice system, including:
- the establishment of new judicial bodies such as the Canterbury Earthquakes Insurance Tribunal;
- work to make the legislative framework for courts and tribunals more effective for users;
- maintaining judicial independence and procedural fairness.
Skills and experience
If you have proven yourself as a thoughtful people leader and coach then we want to hear from you.
- You will enjoy coaching and developing your team, and supporting individuals to grow and thrive.
- You will be a proven problem solver and have the confidence to work with complexity and ambiguity.
- You will have an ability to relate to all types of people, from a range of sectors and stakeholder groups.
- You will have a relevant qualification at bachelors level or higher.
- Seize the opportunity to strengthen your deliberate approach to people leadership.
- Be part of the Policy team that is first in the public sector for quality policy advice.
- Enjoy a real breadth of work.
Salary range: $122,910- $166,290
To apply, complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter.
Please indicate on your application if you have a preference which position you wish to apply for.
Applications close Monday 19 November 2018.