Manager, Report Writing | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 273KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Nov-2018|
Manager, Report Writing, Waitangi Tribunals Unit, Ministry of Justice, Wellington
The Ministry of Justice provides a range of justice services around New Zealand. We have more than 3000 people working across 120 locations around the country, all working towards our vision of a safe and just New Zealand.
The Waitangi Tribunal Unit is a business unit within the Ministry and provides a wide range of support services to the Waitangi Tribunal to hear claims made by Māori under the Treaty of Waitangi Act 1975. The Unit employs approximately 70 staff and is responsible for registering claims, conducting and analysing research, liaising with claimants, facilitating hearings and the inquiry process, and assisting in the writing and production of reports.
Reporting to the Director, the Manager Report Writing is responsible for providing focussed and effective people leadership across the Report Writing team.
Relationships are crucial to this position; the successful candidate will be required to foster and maintain strong professional relationships with colleagues across the Waitangi Tribunal Unit leadership team as well as the Judiciary, Tribunal Members, other Ministry staff and contractors.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual. To be successful in this role you will:
- Be an experienced people leader with strong operational management credentials;
- Have experience implementing innovative ways of working and the intellectual agility and creativity to challenge assumptions on how things are done;
- Have excellent relationship skills including proven competence at influencing;
- Have business acumen including expertise and skills in managing contracts;
- Have experience leading complex projects to successful completion, preferably in a research or analytical institutional environment;
- Have experience working with Māori groups and communities and a good knowledge of judicial processes and New Zealand's constitutional frameworks.
Strong candidates will also understand, and be committed to the work of the Waitangi Tribunal, including having knowledge of te reo, tikanga and mātauranga Māori.
Salary range $101,580 - $137,432
To apply, complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close on Sunday 25 November 2018.