Senior Health and Safety Advisor | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 203KB)
|Application Close Date:||18-Nov-2018|
Senior Health and Safety Advisor, National Office, Wellington
- Be an integral part of a high performing Health, Safety and Security Group
- Be part of a customer focussed team that is passionate about what they do and how they do it
The Ministry of Justice is seeking a full-time permanent Senior Health and Safety Advisor based at National Office in Wellington.
The Ministry of Justice leads the justice sector and is wide ranging in what it provides from administering courts, legal aid, public defence service, policy advice and settlement agreements. With over 4,000 staff working over 90 sites around the country, the Health and Safety team are critical to the implementation of and ongoing support and improvement to health and safety initiatives within the Ministry of Justice.
About the role:
The Ministry's Health, Safety and Security Group, including the Health and Safety and Emergency Management Team, develops and delivers strategies and procedures that make the Ministry of Justice a great and safe place to work. As a Senior Health and Safety Advisor, you will be responsible for the provision of support and advice to a range of internal business units and locations, and will take the lead on innovative and exciting programmes of work in the health and safety area.
- Health and safety work programme ensuring high quality outcomes
- Encourage and inspire employee engagement in health and safety programmes and business as usual activities
- Provide advice and support to frontline managers and their teams in driving health and safety leadership and culture change
- Analyse current health and safety audit compliance information and drive high standard hazard and risk management processes and awareness
- • Drive continuous improvement in health and safety
- Passionate about health and safety and inspiring others to feel the same
- Able to gather information, conduct analysis and identify gaps
- Relevant qualification or working knowledge
- Ability to influence others to enable delivery of process improvements
Salary range: $75,962 - $102,772
To apply, complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close Sunday 18 November 2018.