Principal Advisor Strategic Information | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Principal Advisor Strategic Information.pdf (PDF, 488KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Oct-2018|
Principal Advisor – Strategic Information
We have an exciting opportunity in a high performing data and information team. The Principal Advisor Strategic Information is based in Wellington in a large and complex Government Agency.
You will progress the strategic design, development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the Ministry's approach to data and information to support day to day operations. Reporting to the Manager Strategic Information, your mandate is to deliver business value.
You will take a strategic view of organisational needs, while understanding the organisational and cultural changes needed to value information as a strategic asset. The Principal Advisor Strategic Information is a key enabler of the information framework underpinning the development of insights derived from data and information.
You will engage directly with the business to take a strategic view of needs, developing positive relationships with key business managers and facilitating valuable conversations to identify their pain points and requirements. You will understand the value of information to the business, identifying risk and opportunity. You will work to transform the way data and information solves business problems, and adds value to organisational goals.
Key deliverables include:
- Strategy and planning; create insights to support strategic decision making, and deliver strategic advice to the business in ways that resonate for them.
- Information and data management; support governance across all types of information used to support decision-making, business processes and digital services.
- Monitoring and assurance; drive adoption of policies, standards and processes to maximise the value of information and data assets
- Consultancy; collaborate with the business and address client needs to enhance their capabilities and effectiveness.
- Thought leadership; assess leading edge industry concepts to apply to our data and information environment.
Your experience will include:
- Operating at a senior level in the data and information management environment, providing leadership and advice.
- Building and maintaining a range of effective business relationships internally and a wide network of professional relationships across the broader industry.
- Analysing complex information to enable decision making.
This organisation is on the path to becoming industry leaders in the use of data and information. With support from a newly formed data and information team and our senior leaders, there is the real opportunity for your innovative ideas to be put into practice. You will work with respected industry experts as part of a strategic information team. This is your opportunity to enhance your reputation in your area of expertise.
All applications must be made online. Applications close 5pm on 28th October 2018.
For any queries, please email email@example.com