Principal Advisor Ministry Information | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JUST-00-00-035-1 Principal Advisor Ministry Information.pdf (PDF, 498KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Oct-2018|
Principal Advisor – Ministry Information
We have an exciting opportunity in a high performing data and information team. The Principal Advisor Ministry Information is based in Wellington in a large and complex Government Agency.
You will progress the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the Ministry's approach to data and information to support day to day operations. Reporting to the Manager Strategic Information, your mandate is to deliver business value.
You will work with the business to optimise management and use of business information to support day to day operations within the Ministry, understanding the organisational and cultural changes needed to value information as a strategic asset. You will be a trusted advisor to the business, guiding the delivery and utilisation of data and information products and services. In doing so, you will meet both business information needs and statutory obligations.
Key deliverables include:
- Data and information management; support day to day operations, delivering expert advice across all types of information used to support decision-making, business processes and digital services in ways that resonate for the business
- Monitoring and assurance; drive adoption of policies, standards and processes to maximise the value of information and data assets.
- Consultancy; collaborate with the business and address client needs to enhance their capabilities and effectiveness.
- Planning and implementation; apply leading edge industry concepts to our data and information environment, including transitioning from paper to electronic records.
Your experience will include:
- Operating at a senior level in the data and information management environment, providing leadership and advice.
- Building and maintaining a range of effective business relationships internally, and a wide network of professional relationships across the broader industry.
- Supporting organisations to transition to a digital environment.
This organisation is on the path to becoming industry leaders in the use of data and information. With support from a newly formed data and information team and our senior leaders, there is the real opportunity for your innovative ideas to be put into practice. You will work with respected industry experts as part of a strategic information team. This is your opportunity to enhance your reputation in your area of expertise.
All applications must be made online. Applications close 5pm on 28th October 2018.
For any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org