Legal and Research Advisor | Auckland City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 165KB)
|Application Close Date:||30-Sep-2018|
Legal and Research Advisor, Judicial and Business Services, Auckland
- Be part of a small, professional and high-performing legal team.
- Work on challenging issues at the cutting edge of the interface between the judiciary and the Ministry.
- Build valuable collegial relationships with members of the judiciary and Ministry staff.
The Ministry of Justice provides a range of justice services around New Zealand. We have more than 3000 people working across 120 locations around the country, all working towards our vision of a safe and just New Zealand.
We are currently seeking an experienced and proactive Legal and Research Advisor to support the Immigration and Protection Tribunal. This is a role where your enthusiasm, initiative and keen eye for detail will be key in providing timely, robust and accurate legal research and support to New Zealand's tribunals.
About the role:
Your day-to-day work will be varied and busy. You will be tasked with providing high quality legal and research support primarily to the Immigration and Protection Tribunal. You will research New Zealand and international law, write legal opinions and proofread legal documents with a good eye for detail. You will work closely with decision makers, legal colleagues, registry staff and management and contribute to legal decision-making processes. Your wider activities will include creating legal updates, liaising between government departments and engaging in policy development. This role is an opportunity to think big, work hard and make a difference alongside your colleagues in the Legal and Research Advisor team.
Skills and experience required:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- excellent interpersonal skills
- fantastic time management and self-management skills
- the ability to work largely independently while being open to collaboration
- excellent spelling, grammar and attention to detail
- sound knowledge of immigration and refugee law
- an intellectually curious outlook
- a Bachelor of Laws degree
• New Zealand permanent residency or citizenship.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in central Auckland.
The salary range for the role is $56,050–$75,832.
How to apply:
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description at the site, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter. For tracking purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process. Applications close on Sunday 30 September 2018.