Team Leader, Court Security - Hamilton | Hamilton
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 170KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Jul-2018|
Team Leader Court Security – National Security Operations – permanent, Hamilton District Court
- Lead a friendly, professional team
- Provide security for court staff and safety for the general public
- Training and career opportunities
Judges, staff, contractors, stakeholders and customers come through our Court doors every day. Ensuring their safety is vital, and that's why we're looking for the right person with the right skills and proven leadership experience to lead our Court Security Team.
Court Security Officers (CSOs) provide safety and security for court staff and the general public. CSO's undertake security screening of court users and engage with a hugely diverse range of people in the community. They work with other agencies (Police, Corrections) to ensure smooth day to day operations, patrol public areas and carry out building maintenance checks. CSO's respond to duress alarm activations, identify and respond appropriately to security incidents as well as operate and maintain Court facility CCTV and electronic access systems.
We are seeking a proven people leader who can demonstrate knowledge and experience in:
- Coaching, mentoring and developing their team members to their full potential
- Operational management of teams in a complex and demanding security environment
- The ability to communicate appropriately with a diverse range of people
- Understanding operational risks and making sound decisions quickly, decisively and confidently.
As part of this role you will be supported with a full induction programme and training.
The expected starting salary for a Team Leader Court Security is between $56,050 and $65,940 depending on the skills and experience that you bring to the role.
To be successful in this application you must have:
- a level of fitness which enables you to be on your feet for much of the day and able to complete the physically demanding Control and Restraint training
- a full clean NZ drivers licence
- the legal entitlement to work in a permanent role in NZ
Preferred candidates will be required to pass a medical check and drug screen.
The successful applicant will commence employment at the Hamilton District Court Building, and will then be required to undertake a two-week residential legislation and Control and Restraint training course at one of our main centres.
Please see the Position Description document for further information/requirements.
To apply, please complete the application form, attaching your full CV and a covering letter. No applications will be considered without a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position. Applications close on Sunday, 29 July 2018. If you have any questions about the role or the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org