Business Analyst | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| business-analyst.pdf (PDF, 445KB)
|Application Close Date:||05-Oct-2018|
Business Analyst, ICT Services, National Office
As a Business Analyst, you will be a pivotal member of a tight knit team in the public sector. You will be part of a large organisation with lots of exciting business and digital change initiatives to work on.
About the role:
To be successful in this role, you will be an expert Business Analyst with skills at level 5 of SFIA (Skills Framework for the Information Age). You are familiar with industry standards and best practice business analysis techniques and methodologies. You will take ownership of your role and be confident to take part in conversations and facilitate complex meetings.
You must have a strong technical understanding with the ability to communicate well between the business and technology teams. You will be working in the Products and Service Design team, working across business and technology capabilities to design a fit for purposes solution to business problems. You will have excellent stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills and a consultative style.
- Plan and facilitate workshops
- Run story and impact mapping sessions
- Work across business and delivery teams to solve complex problems
- Work with business owners to identify and assess benefits and impacts
- Manage stakeholders across the organisation, as well as externally and build positive working relationships
- Elicit and document requirements at all levels: business, stakeholder and solution requirements following BA Capability standards
- Work with service designers, architects and other delivery roles to deliver products and services that meet customer needs.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent facilitation skills, depth of experience in complex workshops
- Proven experience in Business Analyst roles, with at least 5 years experience
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of BABOK, IIBA certification desirable
- Familiar with products and service design techniques
- Experience in accelerated delivery methodologies such as Agile or Lean practices i.e. Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, Six sigma.
You will be part of a BA Capability team focused on designing and delivering fit-for-purpose products and services. You will be also part of wider Government BA Community as you create networks within the public sector. You will work on a range of different projects which are critical to the organisation, whilst building your own skills and career.
Salary band: $83,428 - $112,87
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this job.
How to apply: To apply, complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close Friday 5 October 2018.