Policy Advisor | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 265KB)
request copy of personal information.doc (Word, 89KB)
|Application Close Date:||06-Jul-2018|
Policy Advisor – Crown/Māori Relations Roopū – National Office
- When you join us we'll provide you with experience, variety and challenges
- Be part of a great team
- If you are passionate about making a difference
We are looking for Policy Advisors to support Post Settlement Commitments Unit. This includes a 12 month+ fixed term role. Be part of a great team.
The Crown/Māori Relations Roopū includes the Office of Treaty Settlements, Post Settlement Commitments Unit and Crown/Māori Relations Unit. Our work includes the responsibility for settling historical Treaty of Waitangi claims, ensuring the durability of historical Treaty settlements, and facilitating opportunities for partnership beyond the negotiating table.
Post Settlement Commitments Unit aims to:
- Ensure settlement commitments are delivered in as they were intended
- Help ensure new policies or initiatives of agencies across the Crown do not undermine the integrity of settlements, and
- Ensure relationships built with iwi and hapū through the settlement process are maintained and ideally strengthened over time
Skills and experience required:
- be comfortable working and relating to a wide range of people
- be a self starter who takes ownership of your work
- have understanding of settlements of historical Treaty of Waitangi claims
- have understanding of Crown-Māori interfaces
- have a relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience
When you join us we'll provide you with experience, variety and challenges that will enhance your career. You'll develop your skills by contributing to the broader capability of the Roopū as well as mentoring staff. The breadth of our work programme and our commitment to ongoing professional development will set you up for many career opportunities.
If you are passionate about making a difference for New Zealanders and want to work for an organisation which values excellence, integrity, service and respect, come and join the Ministry working for justice.
Salary range: $59,649 - $80,702
To apply, complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close on Friday 6 July 2018.