Senior Analyst | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Analyst - PD.pdf (PDF, 176KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Jun-2018|
Senior Analyst, Analytics and Insights (Justice Services), Sector Group, National Office
- Do you want to work in a place where data insights drive decision making?
- Unique opportunity to shape and embed a new team direction
- Bring your relationship skills, curiosity and strong customer focus
Sector Group is a multi-disciplinary team that brings together the best of strategy, policy, data analysis, research and evaluation capabilities to inform decision making by justice agency leaders. We support justice agencies to work together to deliver ambitious results for a safe and just New Zealand.
Now is an exciting time for you to become a part of the Ministry of Justice in the Sector Group as the insights and advice we provide are highly sought after, our work is characterised by innovation, quality and impact, and we are informing the direction for justice agencies.
The Analytics and Insights team turn data into insight to support the delivery of people-centred justice services – including the Public Defence Service, Legal Aid and Collections activities. This allows us to focus operational improvement efforts on the areas that will make the biggest difference and outcomes to New Zealanders.
This is a fantastic opportunity to support a new manager to shape and embed a new team direction, as we change our emphasis from data preparation and reporting to insight generation (focussing on the most impactful why? what if? and what should we? questions).
To be successful in this role you will need to bring:
- Strong relationship skills, particularly the ability to understand and anticipate internal customer needs
- Experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of senior stakeholders to promote the importance and use of evidence-based insights.
- Experience designing and generating evidence-based insight to solve complex business problems (experience using SAS is desirable)
- An aptitude for storytelling, conveying data and insights in an engaging way
- Experience guiding and mentoring others in a fast-paced environment
- Passion and curiosity – with a strong desire to explore new opportunities for using data insights to deliver better services and outcomes
If you are an enthusiastic self-starter who would enjoy the challenge of creating insights that help inform impactful operational decisions then we would love to hear from you.
Please contact Helen Aki for more information on Helen.Aki@justice.govt.nz
To apply, complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements outlined in this job advert. Applications close 10pm, Wednesday 27 June 2018 and must be made through the Ministry of Justice's careers centre