Legal Secretary Lead | Hawkes Bay
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - PDS Legal Secretary 2018.pdf (PDF, 378KB)
Job Description.pdf (PDF, 398KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Jun-2018|
Legal Secretary Lead
- Supportive and positive team
- Interesting criminal defence environment
- Excellent professional development and training opportunities
We are looking for a Legal Secretary Lead to join our team in our Hastings office. We are a small office collegial and professional office with around 12 legal and support staff. You will be joining an experienced and supportive team who have a genuine interest in sharing knowledge and supporting one-another in an enjoyable, busy and sometimes challenging environment.
The Public Defence Service (PDS) is New Zealand's largest criminal law practice, providing high quality legal advice and representation in a full range of criminal cases. Aimed at helping people access justice, the PDS promotes the values of respect, integrity, service and the delivery of excellent service to its clients.
To be successful in this role you will need to be:
- A self starter with proven initiative and the ability to take control of a busy workload
- A team player who will support the lawyers in the office
- Experienced and efficient in a range of administration functions including typing and data entry
- Keen to learn about the world of criminal defence law
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring others
- Experienced in having responsibility of distribution of workloads
Strong written communication and confident verbal communication skills are critical.
Managing the legal secretarial and administration service delivery to ensure the provision of high quality and consistent legal secretarial support to the PDS legal team.
Core accountabilities of the role include: assisting the Service Support Manager (SSM) and technical specialist to lift the capability of the legal support team and enhance the service delivery outcomes.
As a key team member at the PDS you will have access to a very successful three month induction programme designed specifically for PDS administration staff.
APPLY and complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close 24 June 2018.
The salary range for this role is $48,974 - $66,258.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org