Senior Privacy Officer - fixed term | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior.pdf (PDF, 172KB)
|Application Close Date:||03-Jun-2018|
Senior Privacy Officer – Privacy and Security Policy – fixed term
Wellington – National Office
- Opportunity to make a real difference
- Busy and varied role in a friendly team environment
- Join the growing privacy assurance industry
15 Month Fixed Term Maternity Cover ideally commencing 9 July 2018
As a Senior Privacy Officer reporting to the Director, Privacy & Security Policy, you will work with a talented team who lead privacy, security safety and health enhancing services across the Ministry.
Work is varied and intense – you will be a key member of the Health, Safety and Security team. This team develops strategies and systems to sustain health, security and privacy cultures; delivers comprehensive maturity improvement programmes; provides advice to business groups on security and privacy risks and provides educational and quality assurance support. Our aim is to add value to the business, and to build capability across the Ministry in privacy matters.
The work includes using privacy as an enabler to deliver better Justice Services. There are a lot of skilled people who are experts in their own field, but who will rely on you to provide good privacy advice. In providing this guidance, you get to stretch yourself and them to achieve better business outcomes. Privacy maturation is improving across the Ministry and we are creating a renewed focus, direction and impetus.
What we are looking for from you:
- Excellent oral and writing communication ability
- Demonstrated policy, strategic, research and analytical skills
- Sound ability in communicating strategy through to operational initiatives (seeing the big picture, joining the dots and bringing together complex parts)
- An ability to take the lead, identify requirements and drive progress (independently) with the ability to empower, support and influence others
- Able to juggle competing demands, prioritise and keep a cool head under pressure
- Experience in working within the public sector and knowledge and understanding of privacy across the sector is important
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
Salary is circa $85,000 - $95,000 depending on skills and experience.
APPLY and complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close on Sunday 3 June 2018.